Hourglass

Digital Matt

alter ego: Analog Matt
Reaction score
Website
www.mattperko.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took some really bad photos today. This was one that survived the recycle bin. Whatcha think? :)

hourglass.jpg

great! thank god you didn't through it away!

it's ok. i really like the bottom half lol maybe you should try the rule of thirds and that will make it more interesting to the eye?

it belongs on a post card for whatevre place you live in ;)

great pic again Matt, the trip was well all the crap shots if you got this one! The hour glass shape is intriquing. The trees on the top section look a bit dark - i'd be cool just to see a tad bit of texture in there but it certainly doesn't detract from the image. Very cool shot :D

Thanks guys. It was very dark when I shot this, and just terrible lighting. I've gotten all the detail I can out of those trees.

As far as the rule of thirds, if I crop it, it will lose the hourglass shape, and that is the whole point of the shot.

Digital Matt said:
Thanks guys. It was very dark when I shot this, and just terrible lighting. I've gotten all the detail I can out of those trees.

As far as the rule of thirds, if I crop it, it will lose the hourglass shape, and that is the whole point of the shot.

Yes, I don't think the rule of thirds applies to this particular photograph. I think you nailed the exposure then- if you you had overexposed the sky, you would have just had a huge white space going down the middle- having the trees a bit darker is a much better trade off!

vonnagy said:
if you you had overexposed the sky, you would have just had a huge white space going down the middle- having the trees a bit darker is a much better trade off!

That's the tradeoff. Gotta expose for the highlights with digital photography :)

Most reactions

Back