House / Acrage Shoot

use a tripod, and don't be afraid of stithing images together to make a panoramic.

Make sure you take your camera with you......

wide angle lenses, 18mm or below.

the widest lens i have is the 18-55 canon kit lens. is it worth renting a better lens or will it not help with the XTi body that i have?
There are certainly better lenses but I think that one will make due. For best results, use an aperture of F8 to F16.

Use a tripod. Shoot around dawn or dusk, which ever has better light for your shot.

You might even consider taking a few shots from the same position and exposing for different parts of the scene. Expose one for the sky, one for the exterior of the house and one for the interior (if it has nice big windows). Combine them in photoshop etc.

Make sure to turn all the lights on.

If it's a nice big acreage with a great yard, you could try to get an aerial shot.

Shoot during the magic hours. Night shots are also very effective. Bring a tripod. Also consider a polarizer filter. Get a torpedo level to level out the camera. Shoot every possible angle and views from the house. Sometimes you never know what the client has in mind so cover your bases.

Love & Bass

the shoot went well but we didnt get much time as they were working on the house so i have to go back later and get some good tim behind the camera. This time im gonna use the tripod as i wont be doging ladders and workers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back