brandonhousefire13s.jpg

brandonhousefire12s.jpg

brandonhousefire11s.jpg

brandonhousefire10s.jpg

brandonhousefire9s.jpg

brandonhousefire6s.jpg

brandonhousefire4s.jpg

brandonhousefire1s.jpg

Is it those people's house and all their belongings that got lost through the fire? If so ... poor them. Poor-poor them!

Boy. Those amounts of SNOW! And we here did not get a single flake! Something is wrong weatherwise.

Your photos are brilliant. Each and everyone shown here is good and just exactly what you mean to show. I can't even name a favourite. Maybe 9. I like your choice of DOF in 9!

this is a great series!!! (8 is my favorite)

did you take any of the house after the flames were put out and the smoke was gone?

great captures! the third one is great, you see all the aspects, the fire fighters, the snow, the house, and the huge amount of smoke.

1 is great. the smoke blends into the sky and that just gives it an erie look. nice capture.

What are those big yellow bucket like things they fill up with water for?

Wow! I feel so sorry for those people! Excellent series!

I am GUESSING (I don't live anywhere it snows) that they are melting snow to use in that yellow thing. Like I said, just a guess.

What are those big yellow bucket like things they fill up with water for?

These are usually used in rural fires where there are no fire hydrants. A pumper will have a hose in the tank drawing water into the trucks tank and pumping it out to the fire via hoses. Once a water tank is set up, multiple water trucks will be waiting in line to dump water into the tank. In most cases if there is a rural house or barn fire, there will be 1 full department dispatched, and 3 other departments will be paged for water trucks only. I dont know why they were using this here in the city though. There may have been a shortage of hydrants, or they could have froze. It was very friged that day.

Doug

Most reactions

Back