House of Argue

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was an amazing location but very difficult to shoot due to the position of the sun when we got there. It took a lot of post-processing (for my standards) to get this result, and I'm still not sure how I feel about it. Shot last Sunday near Argue, Manitoba.

p25548580-4.jpg

So I will keep all my noob comments to myself, but I really do enjoy this picture as well as your entire abandoned building series on your site.

Wow. There are so many good things here. The landscape, the sky, the house and the trees in front. But...
without getting the house to jump out in some way it just seems wasted. The sky and adjacent landscape buries it.

I think that there are a lot of angles and lines that help draw the eye into the picture of the house.

I think a bit off the left to get rid of the darker portion of sky might look nice too, either way its still a beautiful location and great shot.

Interesting shot, but I think I'd crop a bit off the right side, say just past the tree by the house. I feel the dark sky really gives impact to the overall feel of the photo.

Really nice shot, it has a spooky feel to it. Maybe a slightly different crop as others have suggested would make it even better, but it's pretty great already.

Do you still have snow out there?

I love it.

I think that the way the landscap and trees buries the house just enhances the decay of the structure.

arghhhh!.... all these snowy shots of urs are giving me location envy!!! :madmad:

arghhhh!.... all these snowy shots of urs are giving me location envy!!! :madmad:

I could say the same about your promiscuous Art Grads.

It shatters my tears to see what I see,

8 growling mad trees surrounding my family prestige,

the colder it gets, the more regrets arise from the surface,

the clouds keep getting darker,

what I start to see is a rotten frog.

It gave me that type of understanding towards my eye!, well done brother!

Last edited:
Do you still have snow out there?
Just a little bit in general, but this area had a mini-storm 10 days ago so the snow was plenty and fresh.

Thanks everybody. I don't have a problem with the crop or the blackness of the sky (a conscious choice). I now, however, understand why I'm not convinced by this one: the house (the subject) is losing the battle with the sky, and there's no way around it.

Very good one........but I think I'd have cropped both in the right and the left side...to tighten the house a bit more

Lovin' this image. I like the movement of the clouds above, and that abandoned house seems truly mysterious. Any inspiration for the title?

Most reactions

Back