house on a hill: c&c

Carla_

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not so sure the composition works for this one. I wanted to show the nice house in the context of the surroundings while isolating it from its neighbors (next door...). Any c&c is appreciated on how that can be accomplished.

houseonahillweb.jpg

I happen to like it, but feel it needed a little more cropping (the eye was drawn to the big black shadow on the bottom left, and the top of the green tree on the bottom right) and some more colour. Maybe overly-done, but I hope you get the idea (and hope you like the idea :D)
houseonahillweb1.jpg

I can't believe you are posting pictures of my house! hahahaha yea... I wish.... its lovely though.

I think the edit is over done.. the white house is little greenish and some greens look unreal..

I think the edit is over done.. the white house is little greenish and some greens look unreal..

Camera phone looking...:(

doesn't do much for me . sorry
btw it's a nice house

It's ok, but I'd've either taken a wider shot and placed the house in the bottom right quarter of the frame, and got that nice big hill in - that way not only could you see the nice house, but also the nice view it must have!

Or, I'd have just lifted the camera a touch so that the house was in the bottome third of the frame. Also it looks crooked, unless that that's just an illusion created by wonky trees!

I agree with trying to show a bit of the view the house would have.

I also wish I lived there.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back