House Sparrow I think...

Not a house sparrow.
*Could* be some other sort of sparrow, but it looks a little like a female red-winged blackbird. Got any pictures of the front of it?

Nice picture; good focus. Might be a bit underexposed.

I don't think I've ever disagreed with Sharon before, but I think it is indeed a female House Sparrow.

I am thinking one of the many versions of Sparrow also. Nice shot!

Ok, back to female House Sparrow. Winner winner. :)

Last edited:
I don't think I've ever disagreed with Sharon before, but I think it is indeed a female House Sparrow.

And *I* am going to amend my first post. Good LORD, I'm tired today and the thought processes are just not functioning.

I agree--FEMALE House Sparrow. In my head, I immediately saw the MALE house sparrow and thought, "nope, it's not that." So then, my little brain started churning on what it could be instead, rather than considering that it was a FEMALE. Even though it thought of a female rwb. Good Grief; I need a brain upgrade!! :lmao:

Nice house sparrow OP, don't mind me... :D

Thanks all. I am told by another expert that this is indeed a female House Sparrow. I have many of these birds now in my backyard. Don't know why. Most of the birds I have had in the past has been Sandhill Cranes, Doves and Cardinals. I know they are very small and fast...

Most reactions

Back