House Sparrow

Dao

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Few photos of male House Sparrow taken at Down Town St. Louis close to the Arch. (New Edits)

40D, EF 70-200mm f4/L
ISO200, f/4, 1/400 @200mm

7162152172_cf5d824fe1_b.jpg

7162153026_0ec691c0be_b.jpg

7162153594_64b6a39130_b.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice set

Tom

Nice set, very sharp!

Did you add the background blur in post?

Thanks!

No background blur added.

Post actions were:
Cropping, exposure/highlight/shadow saturation adjustment, sharpening / noise reduction only. The green background was a grass field far away from the bird.

Nice set, very sharp!

Thats the amazing bokeh you get with the fine L Series 70-200 lens. They are hard to beat, especially for the money.

Amazingly sharp pictures, Dao! #2 was a nice capture.

Over all a nice set. Picture one has a nicely posed Sparrow with that cocked head for added interest. But the twig she's sitting on as it goes to the right foreground looses focus, and just detracts from the over all composition. Picture two has a nicer, simpler Bokeh background, and a much more interesting twig to perch on. While picture three is just to formal of a pose for my tastes. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not that interesting compared to the 1st two pictures.

very nice set

Nice set, very sharp!

Thanks!

No background blur added.

Post actions were:
Cropping, exposure/highlight/shadow saturation adjustment, sharpening / noise reduction only. The green background was a grass field far away from the bird.

Daaayuuum! I guess I better stop debating buying my first "L" lens and get off my wallet.

Thanks!

This is another one I took last summer.

One Big Fat Birds! If you look closer, you can see half of the St. Louis Arch in his eye.
This one taken with a consumer grade lens - EF 70-300mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM

EOS 40D, 1/320, f/5.6, ISO 200 @300mm

7168289378_07d9b611b1_b.jpg

That's a male house sparrow. The background is maybe overexposed a bit? Cool photo!

Thanks! You are right. The last one is the mail while the light color one are female. :D

Most reactions

Back