How about a Thank You to the moderators!

See, the thing is, it's said that being a TPF moderator is a thankless job. Now, the way I see it, if we start handing out thanks to these mods, then they'll start to expect not only thanks, but also more and more they will grow to expect real, actual "stuff"!!!

If we're not careful here, pretty soon, Mishele will have her own dressing room, complete with 32-ounce bowls of green peanut M&M's, and cases of Fiji water and diet Rockstar; pixmedic will become a male-mod diva, expecting mustache wax gift baskets and free dry-cleaning and pressing of ALL his white shirts and trousers! Manny will demand, and get a rabbit-fur robe, diamond-encrusted walking stick, and a free year's tanning salon pass; tirediron will probably demand something uniquely Canadian, like 20-kilogram bricks of salmon pemmican and 5-kilogram cakes of dried elderberries, and vessels of fine wines imported from Washington state...God only knows what Big Mike will demand....probably hockey box seats and new studio lights...

No...we must draw a line in the sand, right here and now!

OMG, you're right, Darell! I immediately rescind my thanks. Mods, can you delete this thread thanking you!?

I can't think of anything funny to say, so thanx, mods.

I don't take things personally: the mods are OK with me.

Also, I don't like goodbyes ;)

Thanks, moderators, for moving my threads before I had any idea what I was doing here. Also, thanks for not permabanning me yet, though there's still time I'm sure. And thanks, honestly, because I know from experience how big of a pain in the a55 moderating a forum can be. One this large... I can only imagine.

One word...........................BACON!

Have you ever gotten a new toy, and then broken it right away?

:lmao:

I've never really had a problem with any of the moderators ... I would pretty much consider any of them a friend.

I'm not going to start kissing their asses now though, lol.

Sometimes I disagree with them, but hey - they're just enforcing policy that someone else made, so I don't take anything too seriously. I know I wouldn't do it without getting paid, lol. I mean, they're basically working for free. Unless I missed something and they DO get paid - in which case, make me a ****ing mod, lol.

I'm serious now... What they have out of moderating?

If they're not paid, why they do that? It's time consuming if nothing else...

Have no much experience with forums so excuse me

I'm serious now... What they have out of moderating?

If they're not paid, why they do that? It's time consuming if nothing else...

Have no much experience with forums so excuse me

Phenomenal Cosmic Powers!

Though really its voluntary. We do it because it benefits the social structure of the site we use and in general helps build a better community to be a part of.

Most reactions

Back