How about a ....

Well, don't we have the Welcome and Introductions Forum for that? Whoever feels like doing so may also introduce themselves there with a photo, though all in all the Galleries are the better place for photos. Many have come here first and posted a photo right away and I don't feel as if they must feel neglected...

You could have a top level forum called:

New to the forum?

This could then link to all the good FAQ's and the Welcomes and general stuff? Perhaps with an introduction paragraph or something.

We could do a TPF top ten noob FAQ:

1. How do I post images?
2. What is the best camera?
3. Which is better - Canon or Nikon?
4. Why was my bush joke taken down?
5. Why was my Critique gallery entry moved?
6. You get the idea

Rob

robhesketh said:
You could have a top level forum called:

New to the forum?

This could then link to all the good FAQ's and the Welcomes and general stuff? Perhaps with an introduction paragraph or something.

We could do a TPF top ten noob FAQ:

1. How do I post images?
2. What is the best camera?
3. Which is better - Canon or Nikon?
4. Why was my bush joke taken down?
5. Why was my Critique gallery entry moved?
6. You get the idea

Rob
:biglaugh: You're in a mood today, aren't ya? Go post some haikus, why don't you?

Actually, we have been kicking around more ideas for making sure some of the more pertinent stuff gets viewed by our new members - our guidelines, posting requirements, etc. So what you're thinking is actually being discussed.

Thanks for the input and suggestions, guys. :)

But...but....it sounds like work! :shock:

I think this is a great idea and one worth pursuing! :D

Oh, and #8 should be: I'm shooting my first wedding for pay this weekend. What setting (exact ones please) should I use for my point and shoot camera?

AlisonPower said:
But...but....it sounds like work! :shock:

I think this is a great idea and one worth pursuing! :D

Oh, and #8 should be: I'm shooting my first wedding for pay this weekend. What setting (exact ones please) should I use for my point and shoot camera?
:lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back