How about thephotoforum.co.uk

Stevedevil

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sjrphoto.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im still quite a newbee, but I can see the mass input into UK that your site has...

So how about a Forum for UK

Your members from UK will love it

What does everyone think

What would you need

??????

Im from the Uk however i wouldn't have thought a seperate forum is needed as photography is that location specific is it ?

Very true, Steve. Usually our UK' ers will start to chat about Jessops or other local photographic outlets when discussing where to buy something specific. Other places like B&H are able to ship worldwide. Don't really see the need for a forum split like that. :)

Maybe not, but equipment mentioned is

Not really. Most major photographic brands (Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Sony, Pentax...) sell their products both in Europe and the US, sometimes under different names (Canon 350D vs Canon Rebel XT for example), but they are exactly the same products.

Fair enough, but lets look beyond the camera

Studio flash, light meters, the general difference of usage between Feet n Inches & meters

Makes of Flash Equip

When I post I sometimes feel case dependant

well, im an english mod and although i can see what your saying, TPF is an international web forum... we just have to work around differences in measurements etc.

There's already lots of UK forums. We don't need another really I usually flirt around them all.

thats a rediculous idea. thats like saying lets seperate people cause they are different. This forum is so good because people around the world give their imput into the photographic discussions. Why would the forum want to create a whole new branch so that hundreds of their members leave the main forum leaving discussions empty and have them post on a special forum just for them. not only would the members decrease on this forum but the other one would be to specific. What happens if you want to know about shooting in lets say Japan. You would have to switch back and forth between forums. Mainly the idea of segregation online is a bad idea I mean look what it did with schooling in the United States and other forms of daily life.

possibly a UK subforum where you can do buying and selling would be in order then? as for a photoforum.co.uk that is a whole new domain and would require purchase of the domain name if I am not mistaken. Not worth it because in the end you'd have two sites smaller than the original. There's strength in numbers you know

Personally, I like the input and discussion from all points. If you have an area specific question request or response identify it as such and let it go at that.

You could start a new thread if you think it's necessary for UK users to talk about specific equipment and such but the best thing about this forum is the fact that it IS multinational. And you can learn so much from talking to people from other nations, get ideas from them see thier photos and get inspiration. Photography crosses all boundaries including nations, age, sex and background. Basically ANYONE can become a photographer whatever their nationality or background. I love it! :)

One thing I love about TPF.com is the international yet close-knit community. TPF is not yet so vast that you can't get to know people, nor is it small. I for one don't see why we would segregate the UK from the rest of the world.

Secondly, getting to see photos from other parts of the world is a hugely interesting. It also helps me to plan some of my trips out of the states. Overall, I think yours is a very poor idea.

-Will

you could of had the .co.uk name pointing and the forum rather than have a completely separate forum, it might of helped bring in a little bit more traffic.

the domain name is already registered by someone anyways so it doesnt really matter anymore

Most reactions

Back