How accurate are online shutter counts

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've used an online shutter counter to check the amount of clicks on my d3s. The amount seems low compared to the number of files I've downloaded into Lightroom form the camera. Any thoughts?

I would have thought it would be exactly accurate; it just be a simple data file. How far out does it seem?

+1
I don't see how it could be wrong.

Doesn't that count become embedded into each new file?

I would have thought it would be exactly accurate; it just be a simple data file. How far out does it seem?

Its seems way off. Online shutter counters say 11,257. This year I've downloaded 19,717 from the camera into lightroom.

Try a couple more online counters and compare.
Or EXIF editors and find the Counter.
FYI, Flickr shows the Image Number if you check the EXIF

Hae you downloaded both raw and jpeg into lightroom (2 files 1 photo?)

Then the solution is simple: Ditch this body, buy a new D4s and keep track of every shutter click! ;)

You're not using a few more bodies that you forgot about? ;)

This is seriously strange. We can kill/reset the count on filenames in our cameras but I'd be worried
if the total count was somehow lost or easily editable. Any of the software that comes with the camera
in the box maybe able to read the shutter count? Canon haz it.

Then the solution is simple: Ditch this body, buy a new D4s and keep track of every shutter click! ;)

Same issue on that one, but the announced D5 in development has that bug sorted out though. ;)

Ha Ha I just got a another d3s with 3500 clicks for a great price, That what's got me wondering about accuracy of shutter counters

Most reactions

New Topics

Back