How are these pics processed?

Wow! PS5 is ancient. It was last available in early 1999.

Too bad there's not some tally
You have a ID-10-T error. There is 'some tally'. I have 779 likes, and the "Likes" IIRC the count started after I had 10,000 posts. There was a different post rating system before the current 'Likes' system was introduced, and I had one of the highest counts in the old system.

There was also a a PS Elements 5.
Are you seriously trying to use how many 'likes' (or 'thanks', before) to prove how helpful you are??

Dude, the "likes" are a ****ing joke - they don't mean anything, and they are certainly not a gauge of 'helpfulness' (and neither is post count).

Don't get me wrong - sometimes you are very helpful, but other times you can be anything but. (And just to be clear, I am no different, lol.)

Wow! PS5 is ancient. It was last available in early 1999.

Here's the reason for your high post count, Keith. Too bad there's not some tally to track your pissy:helpful ratio; man, that'd be a riot. It's a good thing you're in the clique, otherwise the majority of your posts would likely be torn apart for grammatical errors and just plain talking-out-your-ass and quickly get as off-topic as most of the posts you attempt to drag down. (feel free to point out my run-on sentence)

Everyone else, thanks.

He thought you meant Photoshop Elements 5 - although I am inclined to agree with you. Keith has a wealth of knowledge, but he comes off harsh and dick-like. Just appreciate what he has to offer, and ignore the rest.

Too bad there's not some tally
You have a ID-10-T error. There is 'some tally'. I have 779 likes, and the "Likes" IIRC the count started after I had 10,000 posts. There was a different post rating system before the current 'Likes' system was introduced, and I had one of the highest counts in the old system.

There was also a a PS Elements 5.
Are you seriously trying to use how many 'likes' (or 'thanks', before) to prove how helpful you are??

Dude, the "likes" are a ****ing joke - they don't mean anything, and they are certainly not a gauge of 'helpfulness' (and neither is post count).

Don't get me wrong - sometimes you are very helpful, but other times you can be anything but. (And just to be clear, I am no different, lol.)

...yeah this. ^

To be fair, he was called out on the carpet by the OP. Everyone comes off as a d*ck if you read to into it too much. Since when does everyone need to be treated with kid gloves? Personally, I think the OP's response was a little excessive in my eyes. Keith's comment was clearly just a joke and not meant to be some huge insult, although he may have been quite serious in his inquiry. He didn't call the guy's mother a whore or anything so lets not blow it out of proportion. To call the guys usefulness into question is a bit ridiculous. I would wager that he has helped more people on this forum than most. Although, I admit that he can be excessively detailed,long winded at times, and is the resident typing etiquette police :lol: ). As for being a d*ck, everyone has been at times, so its sort of a moot point.

To be fair, he was called out on the carpet by the OP. Everyone comes off as a d*ck if you read to into it too much. Since when does everyone need to be treated with kid gloves? Personally, I think the OP's response was a little excessive in my eyes. Keith's comment was clearly just a joke and not meant to be some huge insult, although he may have been quite serious in his inquiry. He didn't call the guy's mother a whore or anything so lets not blow it out of proportion. To call the guys usefulness into question is a bit ridiculous. I would wager that he has helped more people on this forum than most. Although, I admit that he can be excessively detailed,long winded at times, and is the resident typing etiquette police :lol: ). As for being a d*ck, everyone has been at times, so its sort of a moot point.
\

I also agree with this. Let's just all be friends! And Keith can be that one friend who's a ***k

To call the guys usefulness into question is a bit ridiculous.
(Assuming you're referring to the OP) Hey anyone can say whatever they want ... if you feel that the post is stupid/ridiculous/whatever, just ignore it and move on.

When you step up and try to refute it, you are giving it credibility. If it was truly ridiculous, then it was not worthy of a response.

edit
I only responded the way I did, because it seemed to me that Keith had to prove how helpful he was by showing how many posts and likes he had. Keith (I assume you're reading this), in the future, don't even reply to posts like that if you feel they have no ground to stand on. Replying brings it to everyone's attention and makes it seem more important than it is.

...You know what they say about feeding trolls.

(I'm not saying that the OP is a troll - it just seemed like a good analogy.)

To call the guys usefulness into question is a bit ridiculous.
Hey anyone can say whatever they want ... if you feel that the post is stupid/ridiculous/whatever, just ignore it and move on.)
So then what is the difference with KmH saying what he wants? Why did you not ignore it and move on? I am not defending the contention about the "likes", I am just saying that if you are going to trash him for it, you should atleast take it in context to the whole conversation. He didn't just out of the blue start bragging or something. Furthermore, if you take the whole conversation into account, you would have to see how silly the initial argument was that spawned this.

I will agree though that the whole thing was silly and probably would have been better ( Given so many posts and likes ) to just take the high road.

Why did you not ignore it and move on?
I explained why in the portion of my post that you did not quote (before the 'edit', even).

Keith felt the need to elevate it from "not worthy of reply" to "worthy of reply". If he had ignored it, we would be talking about something else right now.

I believe the thread is called "How are these pics processed?" Not "Discussion - Keith's Ass-Baggery"

I explained why in the portion of my post that you did not quote (before the 'edit', even).

Keith felt the need to elevate it from "not worthy of reply" to "worthy of reply". If he had ignored it, we would be talking about something else right now.

I get the point you are currently going for, and can't say I disagree. However, that's not how your original post came off. It was simply a dispute over the value of the "likes" system and to also make a point about his usefulness vs his tendencies to be a d*ck. Which it, as I attempted to show in my response, wasn't entirely fair to pile it on KmH. Also, stating why you said something doesn't make it any less of a contradiction to what you said.

I believe the thread is called "How are these pics processed?" Not "Discussion - Keith's Ass-Baggery"

I must have missed your insightful post that was relevant to the OP :lol: **goes back to check whilst scratching my head**

I get the point you are currently going for, and can't say I disagree. However, that's not how your original post came off. It was simply a dispute over the value of the "likes" system and to also make a point about his usefulness vs his tendencies to be a d*ck. Which it, as I attempted to show in my response, wasn't entirely fair to pile it on KmH. Also, stating why you said something doesn't make it any less of a contradiction to what you said.

I must have missed your insightful post that was relevant to the OP :lol: **goes back to check whilst scratching my head**

I believe the thread is called "How are these pics processed?" Not "Discussion - Tevo Derped"

I dont see anything special but a nice cam and lens. Possibly 35L wide open on the first one.

For a long time, that guy just had a 5DmkII and a 50mm f/1.4. I believe he has added a 35L now.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back