How are YOU using networking sites to your advantage?

ddeerreekk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was wondering what you guys are doing in terms of networking online (facebook, twitter, linkedin, etc.).

I've found that facebook is great for getting an initial interest in people, since so many people see your work that they may never have seen had they not visited/joined the group.

I've also recently joined twitter and am finding it hard to get a following, but it looks like it will be better for keeping people's interest, since you're constantly updating things.

Would anybody be interested in posting their networking information so that we can hopefully join each others groups, follow each other, etc. and support ourselves and see what we're all up to?

Then again, maybe you guys aren't really that involved online, either way, discuss!!

-Derek

I don't use them at all. I network the old fashioned way: I actually go outside and meet people and give away business cards and such. I shoot local college sports, people ask questions, I give them a card. I do portrait work once in a while. They refer me to other people. 90% of my work is by local word of mouth. I do pretty well.

I always have a camera in my hand outside. People ask questions. I give them a card. I can't stand Myspace, Facebook and the like . The collection of hundreds of imaginary friends tickle me. I think I'll stick with the few around the way I can actually hang out with.

I think I'm just old and not cool anymore.

I use facebook as well as word of mouth. The main reason I enjoy using facebook it allows me to tag people in their photo or vice or versa. Which means that all of their friends see their pics. Which normally gets me alot of interested new customers

I don't use them at all. I network the old fashioned way: I actually go outside and meet people and give away business cards and such...

:lmao: +1 :thumbup:

You get the customers/clients you market for. Personally I do not want or care for virtual clients but you can have them.

I enjoy meetin hot babes on myspace, does that count?

I don't use them at all. I network the old fashioned way: I actually go outside and meet people and give away business cards and such. I shoot local college sports, people ask questions, I give them a card. I do portrait work once in a while. They refer me to other people. 90% of my work is by local word of mouth. I do pretty well.

I always have a camera in my hand outside. People ask questions. I give them a card. I can't stand Myspace, Facebook and the like . The collection of hundreds of imaginary friends tickle me. I think I'll stick with the few around the way I can actually hang out with.

I think it depends on your market. For me, I do a lot of bands and stuff (generally young people) and I've found it to be incredibly helpful. I've had more inquiries from people in the past month then I have all year. It's a great way to spread the word since a lot of these people I've never met and would have never heard about me had it not been that their friend or whoever joined my group.

I totally pimp the net. It's free and easy. Just a little time intensive. I'm a bigtime tagger, and I've seen that it has helped my business greatly.

I use facebook and twitter.
I have friends from work, college in my facebook. I dont know much about my followers in twitter. I just use twitter to drive traffic to my website.

I have no wish to be "googable", so I stay completely off any of the social networks. :D

skieur

I think that twitter is only meant for people trying to get website traffic, etc. I don't know anyone who actually uses it for personal stuff. Facebook is much better for that in my opinion because I could care less if my friend just brushed his teeth or ate an apple.

Having said that, I want to start using facebook, and possibly twitter, once I get my website up. It should be up in about a week. I also just started a blog if that counts for anything?
-Dave

I use facebook as well as word of mouth. The main reason I enjoy using facebook it allows me to tag people in their photo or vice or versa. Which means that all of their friends see their pics. Which normally gets me alot of interested new customers

+1 ... but I'd suggest getting a fan page and a custom URL

Welcome to Facebook | Facebook

don't really understand hwo facebook or twitter work in terms of getting extra support.

I have got my friends to join my business facebook page but nothing more than that has happened. Am i missing something?

I've been on Facebook for about 6 months, LinkeIn about the same and Twitter about 2 months. I started a "Where Am I" series on FB. I post a photo from a local scene and ask the question: Where Am I? People have fun trying to guess. A few days later I post a link to the answer listed on my web site contact page. People seem to have fun with it.

Sometimes I'll post an image that I like, sit back and wait to hear comments. I just try to have fun with it. I now have an engaged couple coming over to discuss photographing their wedding. He is the son of a "friend" on FB.

i created myself a facebook group.
350 of my 700 facebook friends joined as well, its giving me exposure to these people and ive had a few shoot done because of that. after they got the pictures, they posted it on facebook. they tagged me on the pictures, people asking who took the picture and they joined the group and there you go. I think its really usefull. you can get some business and it doesnt take that much effort to promote and update these sites. And its free.

i have a twitter feed on my webpage but i never use it, its prettu much useless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back