How beat up is your camera???

I've never really dropped my EF but...

- Tripod tipped over on carpet once.
- Tripod tipped over on grass twice.
- Fell off chair onto carpet a couple times
- Been swung and smacked rocks innumerable times.
- Been swung and smacked concrete barrier several times
- Been swung and smacked trees innumerable times.
- Been swung and smacked photo counter at Rite Aid almost every other day
- Been swung and smacked on car door innumerable times
- Swung and smacked on B pillar (car door, different component) innumerable times
- Bounced off store shelves and shopping carts wile reaching for my wallet on more than a couple occations.
- Been frozen to lower than -15F
- She has seen too manny storms and ill weather to list it all but it has seen rain, sleet and snow
- Focusing screen requires constant cleaning from cat hair and dust
- Has plenty of dust in the viewfinder.
- Dragged through a few thorn bushes
- Lens mount bares the full weight of an older 400mm 5.6 every day (Strap anchors bare weight of that lens and the body every day.)
- Tipped a 6D Maglight flash light onto it once (the big maglights stay on the floor now)
- Been transported to and from work unsecured in my brief case on many occations
- Been transported to and from family get togethers unsecured in my camera bag with lenses and sometimes other bodies on a few occations (it does not fit into the camera securing plate that came with the case so I don't bother with it)

There is a bunch of stuff I am forgetting but I think yall get the point by now :D. She looks and works just fine, After several hundred rolls of film she could use a servicing but it still works fine.
Pics as of two weeks ago

100_4546.jpg

100_4547.jpg

100_4550.jpg

100_4549.jpg

100_4551.jpg

Lots of neat stories here!!

The worst I have done to my camera is freeze it to -20 degrees C and it has taken a couple tumbles on to the floor, but each time I slowed the fall with my foot.

I have had a lense fall off thedesk onto the floor. I really did notlike that, but all seemed good after the tumble.

Cheers

One time, my uncle told me to grab his camera out the car, little did I know that it was unzipped and it sent an older 28-80mm kit lens flying out of the bag and it landed at least 6-7 feet down the driveway. It actually role doe the whole driveway. It was an older lens on the Nikon N50 film camera so we didn't care. No scratches on the lens though. We can't use it on the D40 anyway so we haven't mounted in on the camera yet but I think everything is okay.

If you're a photographer though, I would buy a home with nice soft carpet, hardwood floor suck when it come to dropping stuff.

Only mishap I had was a couple days ago when I had the 40D sitting on the arm of the couch and you know what happened next. The camera was fine but the focusing ring on my 28-135mm lens was jammed and wouldn't move. I got angry and just forced it, now everything works fine. Go Figure!! LOL

My D70 has been liven the good life, 40,000 actuation and looks as if it were still only a baby but the grip is getting worn out, only dropped once by me that i know of (I bought it used), i sorta pushed it off my desk, i needed the space

Some pretty beat up cameras here! haha

I try to be as careful with my camera as I can. My tripod has fell over a few times, but luckily on grass and carpet. Been frozen in about 10 below... that's about it. Still works and looks brand new :)

Careful? Don't know the meaning of the word:

DSC_6487.jpg

There was a worse one of me holding the camera above my head up to my neck in water but it was way too blury.

Once we went backpacking but the weather was not fine, it rained sometimes. At night we listened to raindrops. Our tent was old and leaky and in the morning I found my camera lie in the puddle. luckily it was in the bag! and didn't suffer much)
i won't mention sand in the camera lens after holidays on the seaside..
but as a rule i keep my camera safe. at least i try to)

Careful? Don't know the meaning of the word:

DSC_6487.jpg

There was a worse one of me holding the camera above my head up to my neck in water but it was way too blury.
Hey I do that too. But in creeks and, rivers.
Lets see the most abused was my Pentax MX has gouges in the faux leatherand deep scratches in the metal. My D80 has been dropped on several occassions but still keeps ticking. The one time it fell off of my concretepump into a pile of mud. Took a little bit of work to get all of the gray off of it. Also fell dead nuts on the lens, I was amazed the mount didnt break out of the body. My D300 has only been minorly banged around while rock climbing. It is still young so we will see how it fairs. All of my cameras have been through temperature extremes with no ill affects.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back