how big is your...

mentos_007

The Freshmaker!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... place where you live :D:D:D
I was just wondering if you live in huge places or not... I know that most of you have "location" visible but also, in most cases I couldn't find those places in the maps.

My city - Szczecin has about 500 000 citizens so for Polish circumstances, that's one of the biggest cities :)

According to my towns website 184,000 live here and we speak 100 different languages.

It doesn't say if we speak 100 different languages among us or if each of use speaks 100... ;)

And if you're talking house size, just a three bedroom semi.

Edit - I've just downloaded the census (2001) from my council’s website. Looks like they finally updated it so it holds more information than just when the local library opens. :lol:
There are 7,585 living in my district. 50.4% are male. There’s loads of other junk there to, like ethnicity, age, how many people have central heating etc.

I live in a rural/resort area. Our year round population is around 8,500 but swells to about 20,000+ people. I live on the property of the business which is about 7 acres with another 68 acres behind us of farm and woods.

19.7 persons per square mile of land area. Woodstock New Hampshire contains 58.5 square miles of land area. The total number of housholds is 500.
Elevation: 811 ft. (Town Center) 4698 ft. (Mt. Bond).

I've had black bear, moose, white tailed deer, coyote, wild turkey, fishercat, mink & racoons on the property.

Something unique about the Village I live in. The 1st one being that we ALL have the same 3 digits in our phone #'s, so that whenever someone gives you their #, they just give you the last 4 digits. The 2nd one being a Church on a rock..............

churchonarock.jpg

Varthlokkur said:
I think about 2500 people locally. We have about 3 acres we share with the foxes and coyotes.

Ditto for the next week until I move into Concord. Maybe 25,000 people in Concord, it's the capital city of NH.

K8 said:
I've had black bear, moose, white tailed deer, coyote, wild turkey, fishercat, mink & racoons on the property.

Isn't white tailed deer endangered???? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought it was!

There are two major cities, one is a 4hr drive west, the other is a 5hr drive east, I live in the largest town inbetween......it has an immense population of 4000, people from hundreds of miles away come here to shop.

We have bears that occassanaly add to our population, when they are hungry. One has to be a little cautious when stumbling home from the bar late in the evening.....personally I avoid the shortcuts through the trees :wink:

Is it my imagination or is there an uncanny amount of people here from rural areas?

Cruzin said:
Is it my imagination or is there an uncanny amount of people here from rural areas?

That's because there's nothing else to do out here!

My town has about 60,000 people in it but thats decieving. Towns in this end of Massachusetts and around Boston tend to butt up against each other. there really is no space between towns. You only know you changing towns by the road signs. I'm about 20 minutes outside of Boston.

The city I use to live in had 209,000. Then last week I moved to Toronto to go to school. There are over 2 million people here. :shock: Too Big. Massive. Starting to hyperventilate . Must... put.. head... between.... legs... ACK!

Wow, little towns you guys live in. Last I heard, Phoenix was at about 3 million residents. And that doesn't include the other 2 million people in Tempe, Mesa, and Scottsdale which are all additional cities attached to Phoenix. The only way you know where you're at is when you pass the signs "Now leaving Phoenix, Welcome to Tempe.

But it's nothing compared to California or New York but the Phoenix area (Maricopa County) is the largest county in the US so we're really spread out. Those are old figures too though. Prolly almost double that since the last few years............

Most reactions

New Topics

Back