How can I find models to work with?

The problem with his post is not that he is looking to shoot models for free, it is that he has bought Aladdins magical camera which has the capacity to take outstanding imagery. I didn't know such a camera existed, and here after all these years I thought it was the person holding the camera.
Most cameras, your's included, have the 'capacity to take outstanding imagery'.

The OP may not know all the ins-and-outs of photography yet, but to say that his statement of having a capable camera is false is misleading... Yes, it is mostly the idiot behind the viewfinder, but the gear does matter. If it didn't, we would all be using the cheapest stuff available.

Last edited:
My money is still on a troll starting threads to rile everyone up. LOL And I'm still looking for that set of pots to make me a great cook.:greenpbl:

The problem with his post is not that he is looking to shoot models for free, it is that he has bought Aladdins magical camera which has the capacity to take outstanding imagery. I didn't know such a camera existed, and here after all these years I thought it was the person holding the camera.
Most cameras, your's included, have the 'capacity to take outstanding imagery'.

The OP may not know all the ins-and-outs of photography yet, but to say that his statement of having a capable camera is false is misleading... Yes, it is mostly the idiot behind the viewfinder, but the gear does matter. If it didn't, we would all be using the cheapest stuff available.

True, most cameras have the capicity to take outstanding imagery, but skilled photographers can pull great images out of almost any camera, it still comes down to the eye behind the camera.

i was going to say Model Mayhem as well... you can usually find many models that will do TFP when your starting out or go to a model/photographer meetup.... just have patience and be prepared to be stood up a few times

Craigslist albeit a little shadier has a lot of legit TFP/TFCD's; just got to be a littler more discerning going in

DUDE, no craiglist posts. thats for pervs. unless that your intent. go to model mayhem or ask some friends. anyone could model for you and help you get your basics down.

Can you get yourself a date? If yes you can get a model. It works the same. And in NYC with about ... what????... 500 girls per 300 feet of sidewalk, you've got to be able to get a date. A model I mean.

Most reactions

Back