How can I get this look/color?

Stacylouwho

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Melanie Burkburnett Class of 2015 Devon J. Imagery Blog
melanie-burkburnett-class-of-2015
I have been following this photographer for a while. I really love her work. I just purchased photoshop a few weeks ago and have a lot to learn. But I wonder how I could get this look on my shots? I just love it. I am pretty experienced with lightroom But not photoshop. I have been playing with the adjustment layers mostly.

Last edited:
I have been following this photographer for a while. I really love her work. I just purchased photoshop a few weeks ago and have a lot to learn. But I wonder how I could get this look on my shots? I just love it. I am pretty experienced with lightroom But not photoshop. I have been playing with the adjustment layers mostly.

I couldn't get the specific image to come up. so I attached the site. Hopefully I can change it in a min.

Don't post the photo if it's not yours -- post a link to the photo.

Joe

Okay, it has been updated. I just think the headshots are so stunning and the colors seem to pop so well in nearly all her work.

get a f/1.4 lens, push exposure, spend hours smoothing skin.

I went through a few files just now, looking for something fairly close to that in a one-click solution. My suggestion is this Lightroom preset, tweaked to taste. Preset - Warm and Fuzzy Effect - Lightroom Killer Tips

Start with a normal, fairly "straight" conversion from RAW, and then apply the preset in Lightroom, and see how well it applies to your batched conversions from raw. The negative clarity, exposure, and black points are likely things you'll want to adjust, depending on how you originally exposed, and how you made the initial conversions.

I think in some cases she is masking the background and desaturating it a little, in addition to warming up the subject.

Most reactions

Back