How can i make money from photography ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Uh...sell photographs and photographic services?

5. Get a really long zoom and take pictures of people in compromising situations, then bribe them.
4. Get a really long zoom, move to Hollywood and take pictures of celebrities in compromising situations to sell to the rags.
3. Search Ebay and Craigslist for under-priced photo equipment, buy it, then sell it for a profit.
2. Set up a FB page, slap up some bad-to-mediocre portraits that might, or might not, and proclaim your "Fauxtographer" status--if you post it, they will come.
1. Get a camera, read the manual, read books on photography, practice, practice, practice, post photos for critique and practice some more until your photos are something people would actually WANT to spend money on.

I know, that last one is really ridiculous, but I was feeling silly. :D

Well, be extra-ordinary and may be you can win some regional awards :)

1. Buy a DSLR. It doesn't even have to be a good one. Any entry level rig with a kit lens will do.

2. Ignore any type of reading material which may tell you how to operate your camera or learn exposure.

3. Start an etsy immediately after importing your memory card full of photos and sell every one of the imported images as prints. 8x10s for 15.00.

4. ????

5. PROFIT!!!

And now, seriously what is the ways to make money,
Should I photograph weddings at night and photograph on day as a hobbie?,
there something else but this., because there so many weddings photographer....

You either float or drown or sink to the bottom of the ocean as a part timer and become a bottom feeder

And now, seriously what is the ways to make money,
Should I photograph weddings at night and photograph on day as a hobbie?,
there something else but this., because there so many weddings photographer....
Do it as a hobby first. When you take fantastic photos, people will come. Then start thinking about the business end.

Oh, seriously?
Okay, seriously, what kind of question is that? The ways to make money in photography are myriad--wedding, senior portraits, newborn & baby portraits, landscape, real estate, product, fashion, boudoir, etc, yadda yadda, ad infinitum.

The question, seriously, should not be how can you make $$ from photography.
The question should be--are you even ready to make money from photography? And seriously, if you don't even have a CLUE what sort of photography you might want to do, I'd be highly dubious about your photography SKILLS.

Learn to DO photography, *then* tackle the "how to make money" question.

There are many who make money from doing things that involve creating photos of something...

Journalists... document news and events for media
Wedding photographers... document a wedding for individuals
Studio photographers.. produce family portraits
etc...

BUT

Pure artistic photography is pretty rare.... starving artists are common. Those that do are very lucky.

The difference between those groups.... one provides a service the other is pure retail. You want to make money with photography, build a business around a service.

There is no photography.

sell your camera ?
Dude! :thumbup: I came this close .. to spewing coffee all over my computer display.

For the OP.
By asking such a naive appearing question, you indicate you're likely not a self-starter. It takes drive, motivation, and business/marketing/salesmanship/photography skills to be successfully self-employed, or to be the selected applicant for one of the very, very few staff photographer jobs that still exist.

Put another way - you need to have a plan.
If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back