How can I post a picture without a 3rd party site?

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The tutorial shows how to do it, except it is wrong and references buttons on the page that are not there. Perhaps it is dated? I just want to do a few C+C pics without having Flickr or photobucket butcher my pics.

You can upload them directly to your TPF Gallery.

Where have I been, I didnt even know you could do that! Thanks that should make it a lot easier.

How do I get to my gallery? Maybe I have to be an upgraded member?

Just use Flickr. If you are posting in the beginner section, you don't need to worry about the little bit of sharpening flickr applies. After all, Flickr and Photobucket don't "butcher" composition.

No, you don't have to be a paying member. The easiest way to get there is to click that little zero where it says "My Gallery:" under your name in any of your posts.

Once you upload pictures, that number will change to reflect how many photos are in there.

No, you don't have to be a paying member. The easiest way to get there is to click that little zero where it says "My Gallery:" under your name in any of your posts.

Once you upload pictures, that number will change to reflect how many photos are in there.

Nice, thanks for your help.

Just use Flickr. If you are posting in the beginner section, you don't need to worry about the little bit of sharpening flickr applies. After all, Flickr and Photobucket don't "butcher" composition.

Its not the sharpening that I have a problem with., it washes out the colors. Composition isn't the only thing that people critique on. Last time I checked, if you composed a turd correctly, it was still a turd. Why do something half-cocked when you can ask around and find out a better way to do things? If its just as easy to do it another way as to upload to Flickr. Thanks for the advice nonetheless.

Well I uploaded a file but it didn't show up after it was done. Also, should I upload to member or user gallery? Will I be able to just copy a link and post it in a thread like you do with Flickr?

Maybe it was because it was a TIFF. I just did a JPG crappy test pic and it worked.

Member gallery and copy the link.

skieur

Well after uploading to both TPF and Flickr, the results look the same. So I guess I will just have to adjust accordingly. I will probably just use Flickr in that case, although this will come in handy at some point I am sure. Looks like Bitter Jeweler was right after all...don't let it go to your head now. :)

Looks like Bitter Jeweler was right after all...don't let it go to your head now. :)

Well, it won't go to my head, because there are millions of images on Flickr that look great, so the problem does not seem to be Flickr.

You are probably not using the right colorspace from camera, to lightroom, to photoshop, to online...That's the problem.

I had the right color space. I found that adjusting the image size down and using the "Save for Web" function under the Files menu in CS4, ( which saves them as jpegs, but maybe due to the smaller size it doesn't distort? ) Anyway, this seems to work so far. Maybe I can use the same technique to make the photos print better at Walgreens. When I upload them to their site they change, the same way they were doing on Flicker.

Most reactions

Back