how can i take pictures like this

It seems like it would have to be edited ajusting the colors that way but I dunno and I wanna know too!!

yeah, i just hate editing. i'm pretty good at it, but i just hate the thought of post production. i want my originals to be raw and washed out like that.

Shoot film.

It was shot with a D70...so it's just PP that creates that style.. I like it, not hard to do though.

I'd say either shoot film.. shot with a D70 sooooooo its done in post.

I have a question.. sorry OP for jacking, but what kind of style of post processing is that picture called?

yeah, i just hate editing. i'm pretty good at it, but i just hate the thought of post production. i want my originals to be raw and washed out like that.

Get a polaroid or move to film. Why the hatred towards editing? This is where you can define your style outside of composition which is hard to do with just off camera images.

i really dont understand why some people are so determined against editing. there is a line between editing and manipulating an image but even that line is subjective and furthermore, who cares? as long as it is an image that says something and makes people 'feel'.

i think the only domain where editing shouldnt be encouraged is documentary work. other than that... all is allowed for art.

Is there possibly a filter that would lend itself to more of this look?? My PP always seems to turn out more yellow and I would love it to look more like this!!

Easy curve adjustments and a greenish solid adjustment layer set to desired opacity.

Shoot and overexpose film, probably cross processed as well.

I too don't see the reason why people are against pp'ing. Either they can't do it themselves or lack the confidence to do so. It's all about the 'end result'.
In the end, the audience will still enjoy the picture despite what it's been 'put' through. Like if anyone will know anyways...

Is there possibly a filter that would lend itself to more of this look?? My PP always seems to turn out more yellow and I would love it to look more like this!!

There are TONS of "Actions" out there that will give (to varying degrees of success) the look you are seeking. Do a Google search for Photoshop "film" actions and that should give you a good starting point.

i really dont understand why some people are so determined against editing. there is a line between editing and manipulating an image but even that line is subjective and furthermore, who cares? as long as it is an image that says something and makes people 'feel'.

i think the only domain where editing shouldnt be encouraged is documentary work. other than that... all is allowed for art.

you have a good point. i just like knowing that my photographs are "organic". i want to like the pictures as they are, and not have to edit them. i suppose the only way to achieve this effect without editing is film, but it would give me a bad feeling to not use my 450d because i worked my ass off to buy that camera.

i think i will edit and post the results for further opinions.

thanks guys

Most reactions

Back