How could this be improved?

Blackswann

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Have already posted this on another forum so I'm really sorry if you have seen this already but I am looking for constructive criticism.

26-12-04_Alyssa_Chillin.jpg

Light was sparse, no tripod available, time limited, no lights available as it would wake up my neice....

Camera: Fujifilm Finepix S7000
Shutter: 1/3
Aperture: F3.1
Would very much appreciate useful suggestions

based on all you provided, i don't see how you could have improved on it much. as a matter of fact, i kinda like the subdued look; sets a comfortable mood :wink: nice job for your lack of tools.

Do you have photoshop? If so, try adjusting the levels a bit. I did that and you can regain a lot of the exposure here. I also converted to b/w and that looks good as well. With the constraints that you had I think you did a nice job. Sometimes in situations like this I will grab a nearby lamp and reposition.

Thanks alot, have converted to B&W also - has that 'old snapshot' feeling to it. What do you think?

26-12-04_Alyssa_ChillinBW.jpg

color works better for me. b&w requires contrast IMHO

I prefer the colour one to the B+W one, too.
And now that I am seeing it on a much better monitor than mine at home (for I'm using a computer in a library, and for the first time ever am seeing things on a GOOD monitor), I like it a lot better than I did when I saw it at home (where apparently my OLD monitor makes everything much much darker than it can be).

Most reactions

Back