How did this photographer...

I changed it to a link! I'm sorry... I was unaware of the rules. Thank you so much for all the advice! I'm not really inspired by the photo, as much as I am inspired by the recognition the photographer has achieved... doing these ill lit simple concept photos. He's getting mountains of work from all types of people... And I'm just hyper curious what his true process is. Someone told me he was using a lens filter.

It's easy to get those skin tones. Just photograph an Irish girl in the shade.

Failing that, any pasety European will do :) Bonus points for finding a geek who hasn't seen the natural cloudlight in months either.

That is a simple Photoshop action.

It's in the hue and saturation, its called "Old Style Effect"

That's just cross-proccessing. In photoshop using curves.

Wow, I like how many of the repliers in this thread conveniently jump to the conclusion that it's contrast/saturation/levels/curves etc. I like the enthusiasm and and responsiveness, but have any of you actually tried the said solutions yourself?

My first reaction to this thread was "levels", but I remember that levels mainly increase contrast, not reduce it. Adjust the lightness and contrast won't get you such result from my experience, so I did my own tries.

I went through all of the mentioned "guesses". None worked. I knew it must be one thing, which will probably surprise you since it's really not nearly as complicated as adjusting levels or saturation. It's simply adding a white layer and adjust the transparency according to your liking.

Untitled-1-6.jpg

I think I am going to add "Please reply responsibly" to my sig.

Most reactions

Back