How did you start or maybe why

raider

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
researched the market need, learned, bought business equipment or because it was so easy, why not.

Is that a statement or a question?

I'd use a bit more diverse punctuation.

I started because I was working at a local newspaper and I wanted to start shooting for them. Here I am almost 5 years later and I am doing freelance ****.

researched the market need, learned, bought business equipment or because it was so easy, why not.

I haven't started anything. Student/hobbyist. What about you?

My sons and I ride motocross, I wanted nice photos of them riding. I started with the XSI found out I sucked horribly and a camera doesn't make you a good photography, but I wanted to get better. I out grew the XSI and bought the 7D and a couple L lenses. I still suck at photography, but now I've eliminated the gear as the problem.

My sons and I ride motocross, I wanted nice photos of them riding. I started with the XSI found out I sucked horribly and a camera doesn't make you a good photography, but I wanted to get better. I out grew the XSI and bought the 7D and a couple L lenses. I still suck at photography, but now I've eliminated the gear as the problem.

LOL, Can definitely not blame the gear.

just wondering about the perfunctory mentality of jumping into business. i started a photography business with a business mindset. i bought equipment and learned it all in order to open shop.

i just don't get it - when i bought a snowcone machine from target - i didn't think to start selling them from my front door. why do so many think that its nothing and they won't be liable when they screw up someone's wedding or charge standard prices for substandard photos. not to mention the lack of registration, insurance, etc.

if you can't understand the prose here - google translate it.

for me its been a hobby. now that im unemployed my wife keeps telling me here is a chance to do something i enjoy for a living versus doing what i was doing. so im thinking about it. but instead of just opening shop because i allready have the gear. im taking this time to practice, get better at it. learn about running a business, taking courses on starting a business, learning about insurance, contracts etc. everything that people need to learn to run a business. hopefully when all is said and done i'll have a good understanding on running a business and my photography skills will be what i feel are good enough to charge. if not. i'll take more time and get better. beats sitting on the couch eacting cheetos off my chest i guess.

Because I could. So I did.

if you can't understand the prose here - google translate it.

The issue is not your second post. It's your first. Which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Most reactions

Back