How did you start w/ senior sessions?

sarahp

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sarahpetriephotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
May sound like an odd question, but... I don't know ANY high school students here. I have 2 young kids, & the families I've done sessions for all have younger kids, too - so I have no teens in my portfolio. I'd LOVE to branch out and do some senior sessions but I really don't know where to start. So, here comes the slew of questions.

How do you find your seniors?
What kind of rep. packages do you offer & how many reps/school do you allow?
What are your thoughts on marketing via Facebook and/or My Space?

I realize that I'm going to have a hard time getting a first senior in the door without any prior senior sessions to show them, so I know I'm going to have to sweeten the deal. Any ideas? I'd love to hear what's worked for other people.

How about approaching a local high school with a discounted (or gratis)offer for an deserving student from a low income family.

I was in a similar situation to yours, as I have 3 small kids, and had done every sort of portraits except seniors. So I approached the high school student minister at our church and asked him for one guy and one girl "deserving" seniors who would be interested in modeling for me for senior shoots in exchange for a CD of their edited images. He gladly connected me with a guy and a girl who would not have had senior photos otherwise. (at least not senior photos outside of the corny school photos). You can see my results on my website at http://www.photographicmemories.me. Hope that helps!

Most reactions

Back