How do I achieve a soft, flat blue tone like this in photoshop?

radicallight

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Desert Flower on Fashion Served

At first I suspected that the photographer just used a curves layer, but I can't seem to come close to the subtle tonal qualities of this series. Perhaps she used a secondary or tertiary color layer? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Peano. I'll try some of this later and see what I get. Same ideas that I'm working with, but a few missing ingredients.

I would have posted the link and invited folks to work on one of YOUR images to see if they could attain the same look and maybe put down the steps.
-
Shoot well, Joe

Cross processing, add some purple to the shadows, beige to the highlights and lower contrast.

Joe, I get your point. I'll see what I can do first and if I'm still having trouble, I'll post some pics. The lighting that I was working with was very different, so it may not really be practical. Part of my issue is contrast. I may not have been lowering the contrast enough.

You can also add just a bit of a fog effect..looks like that may be your missing ingredient.

fog.gif

here a shot that as a bit of cross processing, desaturation and some fog effect.

6236152221_41661868e8_b.jpg

That looks like Florabella's Sapphire action combined with probably cashmere

How do I achieve a soft, flat blue tone like this in photoshop?

Give a man a fish, and he can eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he can eat every day.

Learn how to fish.

Take the time to gain an understanding of how the RGB color model works tp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RGB, and learn the basics of using image editing tools. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curve_(tonality)

A color wheel is a very handy aid to keep at hand. Color wheel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I would use mainly some gradient map adjustment layers to do this effect.

Most reactions

Back