How do I convince my wife I need the A-700?

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got the A-100 about 9 months ago and Sony recently released their serious amateur model...the A-700. I've told my wife I want to get one and her response is, "You just got a good camera." She doesn't understand higher ISO, less noise, faster fps, more advanced sensor, etc.

How can I convince her that all cameras are not created equal because I REALLY WANT THIS CAMERA!

haha
you could say....

i can make some money out it?

HONEY I FOUND MY PASSION! (this is not that good, since you might get: I TOUGHT I WAS YOUR PASSION) but depends...

maybe, your beauty is so big this megapixels wont hold it?

you could sell it , and say you got a big deal ,

hehe but depends on each wife... :lol:

Easy.
1. Get divorce papers.
2. Get papers on Sony A700.
3. Get paper that says 'Or...'
4. Get paper that says 'Take your pick.'
5. Get stapler.
6. Use said stapler to staple aforementioned paper in the following order: Divorce papers, 'Or...' paper, papers on Sony A700, and finally the 'take your pick' paper.

As easy as 1, 2, 3...4, 5, 6 really.

Harmony at home and a happy wife are much more valuable than a camera. Let the newness of your present one wear off and gently open the conversation at a later date.

Does she have any hobbies? If so, get involved or at least have an interest in hers. If not, suggest for her to get one.

Trade your wife in, for the model i have.

Yesterday i told her that my Sigma 70-200 might have developed a front focus problem, to which she replied :"Well, why don't you just go ahead and get yourself that Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS that you were talking about the other day, honey?".

:hug::

Trade your wife in, for the model i have.

Yesterday i told her that my Sigma 70-200 might have developed a front focus problem, to which she replied :"Well, why don't you just go ahead and get yourself that Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS that you were talking about the other day, honey?".

:hug::

Lucky!

I'm afraid to tell my girlfriend when I buy something, she yells at me. When we move in together in a few months, I'll have to smuggle camera equipment in through the door up my ass or something. Good thing I already have a tripod.

If you have kids, tell her how much better your pictures of the kids will be with the new camera... use the children shamelessly.

Easy remedy. At the next family outing, volunteer to take photos of said special occasion. Set your lens to manual focus and take pics that are slightly out of said focus. Once processed, blame the camera for all of the missed treasured moments in life. Can go like this: "Baby, if I just had a better camera with near fool-proof capabilties like the A-700, these things would not have happened." She'll buy it. Mabe.

I think the question you should be asking is: "How did I convince myself that I need the the A700". Sure, the a700 is superior to the a100 in many ways, but that doesn't make the a100 any worse as a camera. If you can't get great images with the a100, then, getting a slightly better camera won't make that much of a difference. There is a saying: "No photographer is better than the worst camera". Always chasing after the best gear will get you nowhere when it comes to photography. Just settle for what you've got; worse cameras have been used to get great pictures.
Instead, you should take the money you've planned to spend on the a700, and take a trip to some interesting location with your wife. She'll probbably appreciate it, and you might get some great photo opportunities.

Buy noise reduction software if you want to shoot at higher ISOs. That was my ticket when I was eyeballing trading my D80 in for a D300. I couldn't justify it when I could get close to the same effect with $100 or less software (not as good but significantly cheaper). I would still have liked to have the weather proofing of the D300, however.

But I would rather take this extra money and apply it toward glass and pick up the D300 in a 2 or 3 years.

That was my thought process when I thought about upgrading bodies; don't know if it was helpful or not.

How about getting a part time job and putting that money toward the body you want. My hobby is totally paid for from what I earn on the side, save etc. Wife doesn't bat an eye when I come home with something new, because I'm not taking food off the table. Just my perspective on the thing.

How about getting a part time job and putting that money toward the body you want. My hobby is totally paid for from what I earn on the side, save etc. Wife doesn't bat an eye when I come home with something new, because I'm not taking food off the table. Just my perspective on the thing.

:thumbup: Same here... works well. Especially since sometimes I use that extra money to take her on a weekend vacation, or a nascar race, or give her a hundred dollar bill for clothes, etc. She's more than cool about just letting me spend that money how I want to.

Everyone should have a hobby that pays :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back