ark2005g

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like to know how to reproduce the following effect:

1220250_pinkshortsagain2.jpg

760694_bowtieeeeeeeeee2.jpg

I believe she takes these pictures in complete darkness, with the only light source coming from the built-in flash (Canon 450D).

What settings should I use to reproduce this effect? I have no idea how to get an image this clear in complete darkness. My pictures come out very grainy in general. I would also like to know how the vignette effect is added there too? Overall the whole picture?

Thanks Guys!

I would say very harsh spot light or flash in a very dark room. manual focus with the lights on then turn them off and shoot.

I can't help with your question, but please be aware that it is against Forum policy to post pictures that are not yours. You must provide a link instead. Just FYI...

I'm not sure why anyone would want to reproduce these types of shots. They're awful.

Use on-camera flash in a dark room. Put some duct tape along the bottom edge of it to create the vignette.
Set your white balance to "Ghoulish".
Hire anorexic teen-age bimbos who can't strike a pose save their lives. Have them dress up in abominable outfits and make sure you crop the top of their heads off.
Crank up the contrast in post to wash out the highlights and lose all shadow details.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back