How do i make my photos better

There's a giant letter N growing out of that poor kid's head!

You need some separation between the little tyke and the letter.

Yes i was practicing on my son and i was alone lol bare with me. But idk i just want mu photos crisp! I need help with soemthing i just dont know what.
image.jpeg

Its nice to the people that see it. But when i see my photos. I feel as if something is missing! And idk what.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    461.9 KB · Views: 314
I was looking at this one photographer and her photos are so beautiful! (Down below) LIKE WOWWWWWW! I want that wow in my photos !View attachment 111300

Please don't post images to which you do not hold rights. You may post a link.

'Crisp' can mean a lot of things.

The images you posted were taken with a longer lens, while yours seem to have a wide-angle appearance to them.

That said, I'm sure the mods will come along and remind you not to post photos that aren't yours.

'Crisp' can mean a lot of things.

The images you posted were taken with a longer lens, while yours seem to have a wide-angle appearance to them.

That said, I'm sure the mods will come along and remind you not to post photos that aren't yours.
D'ya think?

Sorry i havent been on this for years. And back then i was prob on it for a week. Still a newbie:/

I guess il keep praticing. Its prob the way i edit. I just wish my photos had less of a bland look to them. I need boldness!

I guess il keep praticing. Its prob the way i edit. I just wish my photos had less of a bland look to them. I need boldness!

I'd say editing isn't the issue. You need more practice shooting.

What don't you like about the two pictures you posted? My own preference, and remember that's only my preference, is that the first one might be better if the letter didn't touch his head and his feat were entirely in the picture. I think the second would have been even cuter if he was interacting with the pumpkins rather them just laying there. I think that interaction would make a more interesting picture because it would tell a story. try to tell a story adds content to photos. The first picture does that with the ONE. But they are still nice shots. Don't be so hard on yourself.

I really dont know if its te way i take the photos or how i dont knkw how to edit them.

Photography takes skills, experience and knowledge and, in the three years since you posted last; while you may have been practicing, it seems that you haven't been acquiring the actual knowledge to help you progress.
Without actual knowledge, you can't know what is wrong and then you can't fix things.

The larger picture is over-exposed and thus there is no detail in the whites; the white balance is too cold, portraits tend to be warmer.
The boy is posed against a busy background and the featureless sky rather than you moving around so that the barn fills the background. With a wide angle lens that was used, the background is in focus and gets in the way.
The subject isn't looking at the camera and so there is no eye contact.
There are no embedded exif so we can't tell what aperture, shutter speed or focal length that were used.

other small issues
the thumbnail pictures is in png mode, which is typically used for graphics and is much larger than an equivalent sized jpg (that's why the picture is > a megabyte.)
both pictures are named 'image' thus it goes into our download folders as one of 30 or so files all named 'image'.

These would benefit largely if you had some separation from the child and the background. As the Traveler mentioned, the image with the pumpkins is fairly distracting because the background is in focus.

Yes i was practicing on my son and i was alone lol bare with me. But idk i just want mu photos crisp! I need help with soemthing i just dont know what. View attachment 111298

Its nice to the people that see it. But when i see my photos. I feel as if something is missing! And idk what.
This one with your son at the pumpkin farm is cute, and the opportunity had potential. The background is not in focus as Dillard wrote above, but it is distracting. I cannot read the EXIF for this shot, so I have to guess:

It looks as if the area of focus was on the pumpkins, not the boy. It also looks as if the shutter speed was too slow (too long) so your subject's movement combined with your own movement has resulted in a slight blur.

I will recommend that you watch the composition to make an interesting photo while not capturing distracting elements. Use a somewhat faster shutter than you did here when photographing children. Be sure the area of focus is on your subject.

Overall, this photo is suffering due to the flat light of an overcast sky. Someday you may want to investigate the use of flash (not on your camera, but to one side, for instance).

Thanks for your comments everyone. Really appreciate it! Learned so much

Most reactions

Back