How do I read this chart?

SoulfulRecover

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had my new to me lens tested for shutter speed accuracy and they handed me this chart. Im not entirely sure how to read it. Any thoughts? To me it looks slow?

IMG_2230.jpg

Figured it out. I was making it more complicated in my head I guess

Does this new lens of yours shutter built in ?

:02.47-tranquillity: And I was wondering about old shutter speeds. It looks like 10 in. Ektar. Covers 8x10 ?
Now I am confused with this chart. So, what is the accuracy ?

it does cover 8x10 but ill be using it on a 4x5 for a portrait lens. Still not as long as id like but better than what I have. Id like to have a 14 inch Aero Ektar but prices are nuts.

So the chart is setup where the base line is in milliseconds. so for 1 sec, its 1000. so mines a bit too fast at the 1 sec setting by 50. all the others are too slow. The 1/2 sec is open for 550 mil rather than only 500. So if these numbers are consistent, I can write down a chart with adjusted speeds or take this apart and clean it up which may or may not help. Kinda bummed

It might be the spring. This lens must be at least 60 years old. It also might be gunk. I think it is worth cleaning.

Ermaghhherd!!!! The shutter is slightly slow! Laughing.... I think you'll be just FINE. If the speeds are off a slight bit, and these are slight variances, you could easily, easily ADJUST the light meter in 1/3 EV clicks, to get quite, quite close to the proper exposure with whatever film you're working with. Easy-peasy.

Maybe some lighter fluid will thin out any older, sticky lubricant. Yet still...the speeds being a tad bit slow is no big thang.

So the chart is setup where the base line is in milliseconds. so for 1 sec, its 1000. so mines a bit too fast at the 1 sec setting by 50. all the others are too slow. The 1/2 sec is open for 550 mil rather than only 500. So if these numbers are consistent, I can write down a chart with adjusted speeds or take this apart and clean it up which may or may not help. Kinda bummed
I know this is a different make, but Compur and Prontor shutters were designed with speeds +/- 20%. Yours is 10% out. That is excellent.

Most reactions

Back