How do I set my white balance filter on a D80?

bluettu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok...I just got a white balance filter for my camera. I do not know how to set the white balance using the filter. I tried doing what the instructions said that came with. They said to set my white balance to custom and I don't have custom. Then it said to set my focal length on my lens to telephoto. I searched and searched and I can not figure it out. I tried pointing the camrea at the light source and it wouldn't snap. Can someone please help me? Thanks!

Mennon Lens cap.

For a custom white balance, you have to switch to "PRE" which is the last setting in the menu. Alternatively, you just hold down the WB button on the back of the camera to set your white balance. This is definately in the manual.

The camera has to be in A, S, P, or M mode to change the white balance. All of the preconfigured modes use auto white balance.

I'm not sure what it means to set the camera to "telephoto"...perhaps just zoom to maximum focal length. It might also mean to use manual focus and focus at infinity. The shutter won't fire if you're using auto focus and the camera can't find anything to focus on, which would be the case here I think.

Most reactions

Back