how do I?

lkavaney

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
baa.jpg

How do I remove or blur the background of this image? I want to keep the water trough and the straw but loose the mother sheep etc to at least some degree of bluriness. I know I should have done this on shoot but I was just practising, then I got this shot and thought it was a very cute expression. Also what can I do to improve it PS wise also? I only know the real basics of CS2 any help at all would be fantastic, thanks in advance!!!

You're not going to be able to remove anything with the clone or patch tool and still make it look right. The background is just too dominant. However, you can blur it by making a selection around the lamb and using the blur filter.

You need to go into levels and adjust your color as well, your WB is off.

okie dokie I'll have a play thanks! if not I'll resign it to the trash can LOL thanks for your help.

yes as sw1tch said, make a selection of what you want to keep sharp and invert it (or I suppose you could just make the selection of what you want to blur lol). The quick mask tool may be of use for that.
quickmask.gif

Then I would suggest using the gaussian blur filter.

I'm not sure how you notice the white balance issues. I've seen comments to that effect on a few photos recently, and to me, they don't really look unnatural. And for a shot like this, I'm not sure how you could tell what's natural and what's not, since we don't really know the sheep's actual color.

thanks I'll have a go at that in a bit :hug:: and the colour of the sheep would be a dirty grey colour his face is smokey grey as is his legs and the body lighter grey. I just love his expression :lmao:

Most reactions

Back