How do these look (boudoir, probably SFW)

jowensphoto

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm on my laptop editing, so I wanted to know how these look so far in terms of processing (before I do all of them and have to fix once I'm back on the external!).

$_MG_7187.jpg
$_MG_7214.jpg

Underexposed on both.

Thank you. I adjusted each +.8 in PS - how about now? Just trying to get a feel for this monitor. Histogram looks better now.

$_MG_7187.jpg$_MG_7214.jpg

The first one I'm willing to see as just fairly high ratio lighting. The second one seems a bit dim, though. Lifting the middle tones with a curve shows her coming out a little green, as well, although she looks pretty good pre-adjustment.

The first one doesn't strike me as a traditionally "boudoir" shot, but it's pretty darn sexy.

ETA: Like the edits. The second one could probably go a little further, and the first seems a little hot now, to me. Maybe tone the contrast a little bit, before you lift the exposure?

The first one I'm willing to see as just fairly high ratio lighting. The second one seems a bit dim, though. Lifting the middle tones with a curve shows her coming out a little green, as well, although she looks pretty good pre-adjustment.

The first one doesn't strike me as a traditionally "boudoir" shot, but it's pretty darn sexy.

Thanks for that! The first, I LOOOOVE! It's a play off her engagement photos; she and her now husband wore caps jerseys and sat on those stairs.

Once more... with a color balance layer to correct the green and midtones brought up a hair.

$_MG_7214.jpg

There are some funky color casts going on for the both of them. They both just seem off to me. I will let others chime in.

the exposure is a hair off on these, but not enough for me to label it a real concern. just a little tweaking needed.
Ill try to expand on some other critique.
the angle #1 is shot at though.....not really doing anything for me. its shot from too high up. i would try that one again, but shoot from the stairs, not from the side.
off from the side+too high up+weird kinda tilt=reshoot on that one in my opinion.
#2 doesn't really do much for me either im afraid. you have a beautiful model, but you are not putting her at very good angles.
I want to say there is a bit of a focus issue in #2 as well. the top of her head and arms are sharp, but her legs and feet are...not so much.
I like the shadowing in the first shot, i just think the angle was poor. also, look at how beautiful her skin tones look in #1. you needed some flash in #2.
you COULD try just jacking your ISO up....but honestly, it doesn't matter how great your camera is at high ISO, its NOT as good as having a properly lit environment.
high ISO doesn't help with stopping any motion, doesn't help shadows, and doesn't help color tones due to mixed lighting from weird ambient light. in both of these pictures, you could easily have bounced a flash.

EDIT: your edits are much improved. especially on #2.

Nice shots, a wee bit more on the exposure as Kathy said and #1 has two fine hairs going across her forehead in the full size version - which you may already have spotted. :)

ETA: Much better! :thumbup:

I can't add more than what is said but I just want to remind you to clone out the dust spot on the second one after all the edits. (I know you got this already)

I can't add more than what is said but I just want to remind you to clone out the dust spot on the second one after all the edits. (I know you got this already)

I get those things, too. ............. And don't miss the little spot/scab on the side of her left ankle. ;)

Was there some sort of green light off camera left in #2? There's a reflection on one of the mirror's frame as well.

Just cuz I cannot leave stuff alone. I solve all problems, not just white balance problems, by going monochrome. Let's see what happens to the softness in the toes when we do a little diffusion glow stuff?

Brighten it all up a bunch, desaturate. Fool with curves a bit to get more contrast/lighten the into skin tones.
Duplicate the layer.
Add a layer mask -> grayscale copy OF the layer
Replace the duplicate layer (not the mask, the layer) with a solid panel of almost white, slightly pink.
Blur the layer mask, gaussian blur radius 85 or so. The effect of this mucking about with layers is left as an exercise to the reader.
Paint all over the layer mask to let the base layer show through here and there around the girl. Mainly because I can't leave the airbrush alone.

I dunno, I kinda dig it, but I would, wouldn't I?

$foo.jpg

looks like her pink is reflecting pink/orange color casts on her legs or something in the most recent version posted? something is off..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back