How do these look (colors, brightness and contrast)?

Jeff Canes

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How do these look (colors, brightness and contrast)?

My monitor has been all over the place color, brightness and contrast wise, it’s driving me crazy. Ordered a Spider3 yesterday hopefully that helps

Scanned these and others on Monday night using a Nikon coolscan V, recall the film being some type of Fuji chrome but maybe not. The monitor was fine Monday but on Tuesday when I was going to finish editing it was wacky.

1) How does the sky look is it to dark?

2)How does the foreground look, heat haze seem to be casing a more of blue tint over the shot then I recall, or is it the scan

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

1) How does the sky look is it to dark?

I really like how it looks. I'm not sure how light you want it, but to me it looks dark and mysterious.

2)How does the foreground look, heat haze seem to be casing a more of blue tint over the shot then I recall, or is it the scan

This one does seem like it is a bit dark in the foreground. I still like it, but a lot of detail is lost.

Keep in mind that I am no expert ;)

Well just for comparison, because I don't pretend to understand your sensibilities, here are versions with simple shadow/highlight applied. Slight saturation in bottom shot too.

jeff-mtns--lake-large.jpg

jeff-mtns-large.jpg

-Shea

The second pair of shots are both improvements, particularly the trees and mountains in the second image. I'm guessing you've tried downloading a few reference charts to roughly calibrate your monitor before the Spider arrives?

Regards, Tony

1- Composition is stunning. Sky looks good.

2- Again, great comp. Its a little cold, but the scene makes up for it. The above edit looks good too.

Most reactions

Back