How Do These Look?

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It has been overcast and raining off and on the past couple of days so I took some photos when I could. How do these look? Does it look like I'm improving at all from my other photos? Also this time I took the plunge and took these using the manual setting for the first time. I haven't edited the photos at all but I will if needed.

(1) Walkway leading down to the pond.

3455302267_da3d8fe3dc.jpg

(2) A Mockingbird

3456120062_474b58035d.jpg

(3) Thought this was an interesting shot.

3455301145_c1bb007881.jpg

(4) He was upset that he had to wait for the batteries to recharge before playing with the remote control cars.

3455301515_2d834ef0e0.jpg

I love #3 with the wheel, very awsome picture, i think also if you tweaked the colors a tad in photoshop to sharpen them the reflection of the wheel in the water could just pop!! Try downloading Adobe lightroom's free trial, i just recently got it, and so far im really loving it!

#1: Doesn't look level, and I'm not so sure about the composition with respect to the trees. I like the path and the pond, but something doesn't feel right.

#2: A good photo, but the bird blends in with the roof :(

#3: Love it. But I'd like to see how it would look with just the wheel and the wall.

#4: :p I know how he feels.

They're sharp and crisp. I'm still struggling with my manual settings, but I think I'm getting there.

:thumbup:

A good trick to use with shots like #1 with the path is to get down low, even to the point of placing the camera on the ground. That way you will get more of a leading line. As it stands right now, it looks as if you took the shot from eye level standing up, which never offers an interesting composition.

I tried to make it so the grey thing was hidden behind the grass in photo #3 but the grass wasn't thick or tall enough. Is there a way to photoshop it out? I would love to get rid of the grey thing. As for photo #4 I have another one where the sidewalk is off to the side more, I'll post that one and see if it looks better.

Thank you for your comments. :)

Number three is my favorite I like the composition. Maybe if you increased the contrast just a little bit it would work better. Looks good.

cheers

I really like #3. Good stuff!

I tried to make it so the grey thing was hidden behind the grass in photo #3 but the grass wasn't thick or tall enough. Is there a way to photoshop it out? I would love to get rid of the grey thing.
You could try to clone it out, but it may look obvious that you did it. Or you could just crop the top part out of your image.

I like the portrait...the others don't do much for me. In the second image of the path the horizon is really tilted...you should fix that.

Most reactions

Back