How do these look?

Mikeyb90

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent a little less time on these this time. Still have more to go through and work on but wanted to see what you guys think so far.
roo2.jpg

roo3.jpg

roo4.jpg

roo5.jpg

For the two with the brick wall in the background I would have had the lass further away from the wall to give less definition to the bricks.

For the two with the brick wall in the background I would have had the lass further away from the wall to give less definition to the bricks.

Yea I know what you mean.. Might try to blur it a little. The landscape shot I think I'm gonna try to move the graffiti over and make it say Roo (That's what we call her) to fill up the blank space and make it more personal

I think the two with the brick wall the skin is a little pink/red so just use a curves adjustment for quick fix :)
girl.jpg

The girt is cute, but I dont think the setting is quite right for these...

I think the two with the brick wall the skin is a little pink/red so just use a curves adjustment for quick fix :)
View attachment 121240

When I was shooting these I never noticed how much her skin matched the bricks.. Its been a pain working around it but heres how that one ended up..
BW1-2.jpg

I agree, she should be in a dance studio with the hardwood floors and a mirrored wall and a stretching bar, not in a run down alley. The reflections of the polished floor and the mirror would help make the image special.

And whys that?
Techniques such as this might seem innocuous to the casual observer, but for the most part the results are less than successful. No offense, and I'm sure you had fun with it, but the effect is usually seen as less than artful. Many photographers experiment with this effect because they can, but eventually they see it as simply an editing trick that mostly doesn't actually improve the image.

And whys that?
Techniques such as this might seem innocuous to the casual observer, but for the most part the results are less than successful. No offense, and I'm sure you had fun with it, but the effect is usually seen as less than artful. Many photographers experiment with this effect because they can, but eventually they see it as simply an editing trick that mostly doesn't actually improve the image.

I gotcha, and none taken. I just see it used a lot and was experimenting with it. Thought it made her skin pop from the brick a little better.

you made her look like the undead whose outfit was glowing from radiation.

Thought it made her skin pop from the brick a little better.
There might be some better ways to do that.

Procure a lens that renders depth better. These are the high-end professional lenses for the most part and they cost like it.

Have your model pose farther away from the background and set your depth of field to blur the background slightly.

Use flash and underexpose the background and flash your model to the proper exposure.

Use a similar technique in Photoshop to darken the background slightly.

No need to change the color of either your model or the background.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back