How Do They Do That !

bigfatbadger said:
To properly make money, unfortunately, you have to shoot what other people want you to shoot.
Indeed. My point was pick the field that you will enjoy working, instead of going the other way around.

Ok here goes,

I think the key to selling photo's is to look as presentable as possible most people look at websites or other photos, also quantity. if you have a website i belive not showing mutch is a key because if you show loads then it draws the eyes from each image which would probably effect the value, as everyones said you need to shoot what people want to see, birds with the wings open are a big seller now, some sites you can goto are istock.com and various others i recommend istock because they have a huge rule system to make sure the images are the best quality if you pass the test and then you note to yourself what you need to achive then set up a small account with your BEST photo's then keep adding 1/2 a day then get your account bigger and bigger the more downloads a day you get the more it attracts people, this is obvious i know, also advertising is a good thing if you have a website that sells them get that site advertised! more viewers is more money, as i said about the site... dont make your site look rubbish because then you would in most cases look rubbish, get a professional website or a good design and layout im sure someone can give you some tips. also word of mouth as someone mentioned get a known reputation that your a photographer and you sell photo's then if they have friends most of the time they pass on the message. thats about it... :p

hope that helps.

Thanks guys sorry I didn’t reply back so soon forgot plus didn’t get and emails which is strange ,,,but some good tips and helpful comments....:thumbup: .............:lol: and ive changed the avator ,,,it was a tad off putting ..sorry :confused:

p.s my reason for the original question I made was because I saw a image on sky news saying image supplied by IstockPro.com (danalec99) with their logo up in the corner which led me to wonder if there was image banks out there customers could purchase images from...thanks again guys.

danalec99 said:
... you can submit your work to Corbis, GettyImages, Comstock, IPNStock.com, IstockPro.com etc.
Then there are places like istockphoto.com where you will be able to sell your images for dirt low prices.

What's "dirt low"? Like $5? I've been wondering this same question myself for awhile so I'm glad to see it asked. I wouldn't want to make this my focus but if it's a way to recover some money and help support the photography addiction, why not?

rmh159 said:
What's "dirt low"? Like $5?
I think it starts at around 20 cents. It could be old news. I just have the istock account open (which I did 2 years ago) with couple of old images. They have a forum, if you are looking for an updated price.

It could be a good source of assets for graphic designers who are on a budget.

Cant sorry ,,it's on holiday but it's coming back next week so should be back on if it's not got to fat for the little box he goes in..:mrgreen:

thanks for all the advice guys you all been a great help:thumbup:

Most reactions

Back