How do you advertise?

I've found this website Thumbtack - Accomplish your personal projects, which has been wonderful for me. You can quote clients for $1.67 per credit (most of them cost 2-3 credits each but larger events are 5 credits or more) Has anyone heard of this? It's been a godsend for me.

I looked into it. I saw so many places an people who felt like it was a scam and that they didn't feel that most of the leads were legit that I've stayed clear of it.

I think I looked into that once, but I honestly charge too much for anyone to ever book me through that.

People who use that service to find stuff, are cheap.

I advertise through Facebook and by word of mouth, with a senior model program and clients who just generally love me. :sillysmi: :biggrin:

I think I looked into that once, but I honestly charge too much for anyone to ever book me through that.

I advertise through Facebook and by word of mouth, with a senior model program and clients who just generally love me. :sillysmi: :biggrin:

Waaaaait......
You are saying people looking to book through thumbtack are cheap, then say you advertise through FB...which is the king of cheap.

Just sayin. ;)

I went with the chicken suit on the corner of a busy intersection holding up a sign approach.

So far it's worked like a charm, not one annoying phone call and zero messages.

Sent from my LG-LG730 using Tapatalk

Waaaaait......
You are saying people looking to book through thumbtack are cheap, then say you advertise through FB...which is the king of cheap.

Just sayin. ;)

Haha, no actually... I advertise through Facebook, because it increases the reach of my views... which I filter by location and interest to target my ideal client type... and I do so using the photos of my previous senior models, who are recognized through that advertisement by their friends... who in turn call me. :greenpbl:

Waaaaait......

Just sayin. ;)

Haha, no actually... I advertise through Facebook, because it increases the reach of my views... which I filter by location and interest to target my ideal client type... and I do so using the photos of my previous senior models, who are recognized through that advertisement by their friends... who in turn call me. :greenpbl:

AND... I was saying the people LOOKING FOR SERVICES are cheap.

Not the people using Thumbtack as a means to advertise.

The people LOOKING FOR SERVICES on Thumbtack are just as bad as people shopping on Groupon. They're looking for a cheap deal and nothing more. There's no money to be made there.

Might I add, I have a fb page for my photography gig, but recently haven't been getting any traction from it because fb wants to nickel and dime you to boost your posts onto other people's newsfeed. Some of my posts on fb reach 0 audience, and not even my fb friends are able to see the stuff i put up. it wasn't like this not too long ago. Now I just advertise on CL

Facebook the king of cheap? Not even close. FB>Thumbtack>Craigslist

Exactly. FB ads can get expensive quick. :lol:

But in all reality I use it as an extension for my word of mouth advertising... which... coincidentally is the cheapest route as far as advertising expenses... but the most effective :sexywink:

And again...

When I said "cheap", I didn't mean the amount it costs to advertise. I was referring to the amount the potential clients are willing to spend upon seeing your ad through that particular medium.

You can still find really cheap-o people on FB (that's the majority of what is there), but if you're targeting correctly, you can tap RIGHT into you target market.

I posted a preview image of a senior... spent $0 dollars to do it, It reached 800 people, got several comments, and 48 hours later, I had an inquiry in my inbox for a potential client, because she saw that photo of her friend, and saw the other photos of her other friends that I took.

Sounds pretty good to me. :lol: :biggrin:

Might I add, I have a fb page for my photography gig, but recently haven't been getting any traction from it because fb wants to nickel and dime you to boost your posts onto other people's newsfeed. Some of my posts on fb reach 0 audience, and not even my fb friends are able to see the stuff i put up. it wasn't like this not too long ago. Now I just advertise on CL

facebook-youre-doing-it-wrong_o_122456.jpg

:lol:

(No, but for real... there's a right way and a wrong way to run a business page on FB. I'm not guru at it, but I get the responses I want when it counts.)

There are a few webinars you can watch -- Their main purpose is to try to sell you some system at the end, but the 45 minutes they spend teaching you stuff, they give you some good information... enough to be dangerous. :lol: :sillysmi:

I got $50 of bing ads for free.. 0.06C a day play a little bit per ad click. I'm using that until the $50 runs out lol.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back