How do you advertise?

I think I looked into that once, but I honestly charge too much for anyone to ever book me through that.

People who use that service to find stuff, are cheap.

I advertise through Facebook and by word of mouth, with a senior model program and clients who just generally love me. :sillysmi: :biggrin:
I mean, I've booked several gigs on there that have been legit. It's a good way to practice and get my name out there.

I think I looked into that once, but I honestly charge too much for anyone to ever book me through that.

People who use that service to find stuff, are cheap.

I advertise through Facebook and by word of mouth, with a senior model program and clients who just generally love me. :sillysmi: :biggrin:
I mean, I've booked several gigs on there that have been legit. It's a good way to practice and get my name out there.

At the prices you *should* be charging? Or at a lower rate?

You were the one asking about pricing before right? And we talked about how you should charge what you want to be making *if* you were full time, even if your'e not?

Cause here's the deal... you might have booked gigs through them, and they might have followed through... but if you're not charging what you should actually be charging, then yeah... your name is gonna get out there... but it's going to get attached to the stigma if you being a "cheap" photographer. And you're ONLY going to get clientele that wants the farm for next to nothing, and it's going to be difficult for you to try to raise your rates.

More so than working hard to "try to get your name out there" (which *is* important, don't get me wrong), you should be working towards how to market to your *target market*, rather than throwing darts and a dartboard and hoping some stick.

That being said... if you're getting people to book you through that at the rate you should be charging for your services... then that's awesome! :sillysmi:

So I guess buying a banner to pull behind a plane is old hat, now? Jeez, I'm always the last to know.

Well. I mean. That's how I met my husband.

I took out one of those ads... and I've known him for like 9 years now... and in this digital age, 9 years might as well be 9,000... so yeah.

Old hat.

Like the phrase 'old hat'.

:biglaugh: :lol: :sexywink: :hug::

So I guess buying a banner to pull behind a plane is old hat, now? Jeez, I'm always the last to know.

I took out one of those ads... and I've known him for like 9 years now... and in this digital age, 9 years might as well be 9,000... so yeah.

Old hat.

Rotfl... Which makes me wonder how long that banner had to be - considering how fussy you are about your clients. What did you tow it behind, a Hercules transport plane? Lol

Craigslist. Don't knock it till you try it.

Old hat.

Rotfl... Which makes me wonder how long that banner had to be - considering how fussy you are about your clients. What did you tow it behind, a Hercules transport plane? Lol

Me? Fussy about my clients?

I mean... I just know what I like, that's all.

And yes. Hercules transport plane, and I required the pilot to be Jared Letto, whom I made to go flight school JUST to pull the banner behind the plane that said:

"Wanted: Jared Leto look-a-like. Must be a musician, must be hilarious, have great eyes, fabulous hair, a good fashion sense, and be cheesilly romantic. I will probably behave like a 5 year old once I get to know you better, so you also must be able to play along and develop child-like quirks of your own. Apply in person only. And no, I won't sleep with you on the first date."

altthumb.jpg

Craigslist. Don't knock it till you try it.

Been there, done that, got cheap-os. BUT... then again... that was back in PA.

I'm in Nashville now.

Maybe I should try again. :lol:

Also... Not trying to brag, but...
I am currently sitting in a huge comfy chair, in a coffee house, where I JUST booked another client... Because of FACEBOOK and word of mouth. Jus' sayin'. Sh*t works, once you get it rollin'. :lol: :sexywink:

Old hat.

Me? Fussy about my clients?

I mean... I just know what I like, that's all.

And yes. Hercules transport plane, and I required the pilot to be Jared Letto, whom I made to go flight school JUST to pull the banner behind the plane that said:

"Wanted: Jared Leto look-a-like. Must be a musician, must be hilarious, have great eyes, fabulous hair, a good fashion sense, and be cheesilly romantic. I will probably behave like a 5 year old once I get to know you better, so you also must be able to play along and develop child-like quirks of your own. Apply in person only. And no, I won't sleep with you on the first date."

Ok.. so say a guy was like real close, you know. looking absolutely nothing like Jared Leto, couldn't play a musical instrument to save his life, was about as funny as small pox, crosseyed, balding, dressed like he shopped at goodwill (and was crosseyed), who's idea of romance was getting his own beer out of the fridge every odd thursday - but had a lot of childlike quirks. Or at the very least was pretty childish. Lol

Also... Not trying to brag, but...
I am currently sitting in a huge comfy chair, in a coffee house, where I JUST booked another client... Because of FACEBOOK and word of mouth. Jus' sayin'. Sh*t works, once you get it rollin'. :lol: :sexywink:

PShaw. Nothing says "class" like the chicken suit. Plus as long as I hold up the KFC sign occasionally, free wings. That's rright, FREE WINGS.

Ok.. so say a guy was like real close, you know. looking absolutely nothing like Jared Leto

I probably wouldn't even give him the time of day.

couldn't play a musical instrument to save his life

Is he at least artistic in SOME way?

was about as funny as small pox

*I'm* about as funny as small pox. I don't want to be married to myself.

crosseyed, balding, dressed like he shopped at goodwill (and was cross-eyed)

I'm too shallow for ALL that sh*t.

who's idea of romance was getting his own beer out of the fridge every odd thursday

Does he bring me one too?

but had a lot of childlike quirks. Or at the very least was pretty childish. Lol

I mean, I can work with this one, as long as the other 7 are in place. :biglaugh:

PShaw. Nothing says "class" like the chicken suit. Plus as long as I hold up the KFC sign occasionally, free wings. That's rright, FREE WINGS.

Now if he had FREE WINGS... he might have a bargaining chip.

Ok.. so say a guy was like real close, you know. looking absolutely nothing like Jared Leto

I probably wouldn't even give him the time of day.

couldn't play a musical instrument to save his life

Is he at least artistic in SOME way?

*I'm* about as funny as small pox. I don't want to be married to myself.

I'm too shallow for ALL that sh*t.

Does he bring me one too?

but had a lot of childlike quirks. Or at the very least was pretty childish. Lol

I mean, I can work with this one, as long as the other 7 are in place. :biglaugh:

Now if he had FREE WINGS... he might have a bargaining chip.

Woohoo! Chicken suit wins again!

Most reactions

Back