How do you carry your gear?

vtbanana

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all.

I am new to the forum and photography in general. I have a Nikon D40 and 18-55 kit lens. So far it has been easy to take the gear with me, but I will hopefully be adding some lenses, external flash, remote, tripod, filters... What do people use to carry all of this stuff? Do you even take everything with you all of the time? I mean, just going for an afternoon shoot I might only take a few things, but what about a week's vacation or something like that?

If you're just goin out, grab two lenses, a body, and a small sized camera bag...that's all you need. If you're goin on a big trek, or on a vacation, just get it in your car neatly and use that same bag when you go out...?

I know lots of guys have backpacks and things....but unless you need everything, what's the point?

I carry as little as I can get away with... I may end up making three trips back to the car to swap out lenses (one of my main lenses is a 5lb BigMa and I don't want to carry "The Beast" -- our nickname for it -- any longer than I have to) or batteries.

My wife carries a small bag with her since she likes to carry the kitchen sink.

To each their own.

Fanny pack, a great big one with places for water bottles.

I can put my D200 on the main pouch with any but the 80-200 f2.8 and 2 other lenses on the water bottle pouches and still have room for extra batterys and filters.

And when it's put away, nobody knows what it is.

I have 4 or 5 different camera bags. I use the one that is most appropriate for what I'm doing that day or trip.

I use a Lowepro Slingshot 200. I can fit all my stuff in there........for now :)
Except for the tripod, but i never take that with me, unless im planning on using it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back