How do you deal with noisy rude neighbors?

oriecat

work in progress
Reaction score
Website
www.moltenwords.net
How many times do you need to ask the frat boys at the duplex next door to turn the stereo down before they realize how frickin rude they are? Why are people so inconsiderate? :|

They will never realize it!!! i swear!!! best thing to do is pull all of yer stuff outside and douse the adjoining wall with gasoline and spark that baby. They might realize something was afoot other that bong hits when the stero goes up in smoke. :wink:

BTW people do suck don't they. I had upstairs neighbors once that drove us insane. Nothing but the landlord freakin on them would really shut them up.

Slip on a tight top and sneak round. That'll get their attention. :eyebrows:

I don't know what the laws are where you are. Over here there are limits as to how loud you can be and when. If it's over the top they can be investigated. Unfortunately, if you own your own house you tend to be forgotten about. We had a noisy neighbour next-door. He had a bass tube in his room and liked to put it on full blast. We reported and reported and nothing happened. The best way to deal with something like that is to either get the street to gang up on them or give them a taste of their own medicine. Buy a sound effect cd and leave "noise baby" on repeat at full blast for an hour.

What you should do is play the piece "Endangered Species" by Pat Metheny (et al) really loud so they can hear it. It's on the album "Song X." It's just a bunch of various instruments playing some indescernible tune. Search for it. It should drive them crazy in no time. :p

My house is next door to the duplex. I often wonder how the nice girl in the other half puts up with it. Maybe she isn't home much. But I want to join forces with her and get her to report them to their landlord and get them kicked out! I've also thought about calling the landlord myself, but since he's not my landlord, it's not really his problem... we've called the cops on them a couple times, as well as the university neighborhood security people, who are supposed to keep watch ont he students... it doesn't do much good. One night we called and they said oh the yellow house, oh we were just there! Dudes just don't listen or care. Once the cop is gone, it's back up... I guess I should have thought before moving into a university neighborhood, but I know it happens everywhere... and of course, they are probably just bored today, trapped in because of the ice, but do your damn homework or something, or just turn the bass down!!

oriecat said:
My house is next door to the duplex...

That sucks. Maybe you should call yer landlord and see what he/she can do. It is his/her problem to some extent right? of maybe yer landlord could get intoouch with their landlord and the could put a stop to it. Atleast you can find some pleasure in knowing they'll be def pretty soon. :wink:

If I am correct in assuming that they are playing their music later in the day and staying up partying then chances are you might get your point accross by playing your very loud music very early, and hope that they are really hung over!

Have you tried talking to them?

edit *spelling*

I'm my landlord! :) Well if it's still loud when Michael gets home, he has no problem going over there and telling them to turn it down... I think it may have just quieted down tho. But yeah I think one of these days I will call their landlord, just to ask for their phone #, maybe casually mention that we've had some noise issues with them and we'd prefer to be able to call them at midnight and ask them to turn it down instead of walking over in our pjs... hopefully he would get the hint... :D

lizheaemma said:
If I am correct in assuming that they are playing their music later in the day and staying up partying then chances are you might get your point accross by playing your very loud music very early, and hope that they are really hung over!

Have you tried talking to them?

edit *spelling*

Yeah, my bf has asked them to turn it down at least 3-4 times. One night he had to work really early the next morning, we thought he should just ring the door bell a couple times on his way to the bus at 5:30am and see how they liked it. :p

I have had the same problem but it also included their headboard smashing against my bedroom wall and lots of swearing! Thankfully I now own my own home! Their 2 year old told me and my 5 year old daughter to f-off one day. Luckly he had a speech impediment beacause later that day my daughter asked me what (block off) meant! :roll:
I used to enjoy waking them up at 6 am to a bit of bad religion. :D

I've heard horror stories of apartment living noise, I am so glad I never lived in one. When I owned my condo, it was a upstairs corner unit, and I never heard a thing from the guy downstairs or the people next door. I think condos are insulated better than apartments. So now that I own my house, this is really the first noise issue I've ever had.

stupid amazon

try [ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/browse/-/63950/ref=br_dp__2/102-6405525-6052929]this[/ame].

Most reactions

Back