How do you do this?

vweeks5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Please inform me on how to take these types of photos. Is there editing involved, or do you have to take it only using a fisheye lens? Thanks. http://i.imgur.com/QpbQt.jpg

Looks like an ultra-wide angle and/or fish eye of some sort. And photoshop.

Its called little planet let me look that up on youtube for you

Last edited by a moderator:
lmao, their heads are so big! That is an interesting picture! And I definitely smell some serious photoshop. Seems like some kind of ridiculously wide angle lens (As Rotanimod said) and maybe a panorama technique? Not sure what the picture was taken "from" though... a ladder?

^^^ Edit: Sorry, above post was posted at the same time! Seems like the best answer! ^^^

yes...this effect is done in photoshop...first step is to take a panoramic pictures, your camera have to be in manual mode in taking this pictures...and then theres a filter in photoshop called Automerge I think to put the pictures together...then change the image size to square...then use the filter polarize....then you get this effect...apologize i just explained this in short cut...

Certainly panorama, and you can probably make it work with any lens. Low distortion will be your friend.

There's a name for the projection that gets you this shape, I forget what it's called, but most pano software will be capable. Hugin is decent and free (although I'm not sure how cross-platform).

Thanks a ton guys!

Most reactions

Back