How do you feel about your baby pictures?

schumionbike

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm assuming that most of us were not babies during the digital age so we probably don't have nearly as much pictures as some of the babies born after 2000. So as adults, how do we feel about our baby pictures? Does it bring any sense of nostalgia or anything?

If you're a parent, does babies pictures of your adult children bring any emotion to you?

I was born in 1985 in Vietnam so there wasn't many cameras around, I have like 20 baby/kid pictures total of me. I don't particular feel anything toward it though, I just look at parents in the pictures to see how different they are now. But maybe 20 pictures doesn't do much or maybe I'm only 22 and don't really care yet?

The reason I asked is I been running now taking a lot of pictures of kids for practice and fun, I just kind of wonder how they or their parents would feel about it 25-30 years from now?

When you get kids of your own, the answer will come to you VERY easily. ;)

I dont feel bad about having fewer photos of myself. But it is a very funny thing. My kids have more photos taken of them in their first 6 months of life then their father and I have in our entire life. I think it is great. I plan to have my retirment home plastered with baby pictures some day...

When you get kids of your own, the answer will come to you VERY easily. ;)

that what I was going to say. Just wait until you have kids...it will change. I couldnt imagine not having the picture I do of my babies. Even the thought makes me want to cry! lol!

I did not have a whole lot of pictures taken of me when I was a baby . Well I may have but I have only one of them and honestly I wish I had more. I am sure this is different for everyone but I would like to have more pictures of me when I was young. I know my dad was an avid photographer but there is just not much left. I think this is a good part of the reason my hard drive is almost filled with pictures of my 2-year-old since she was born.

OK, there are baby photos of myself, since my father was into photography when we were little, and I am glad I am thus able to see what I looked like when I was that little.

I look at myself as if I looked at a stranger, though, and my feelings towards my photos of me as a kid only change from when I could remember the photo having been taken. Actually, photos of me as a bigger girl often trigger memories of the entire scene around me, or my momentary emotions, and that's some effect photos can give, and it's an effect that I like!

With the first of my children no longer alive, and the other two either a young adult today or a growing-to-be-adult-in-a-few-years-from-now, I am happy about the baby pictures I have of them, but also mad with me for the fact that I was so not into photography at the time that most of their photos are ... Well, sure, they are "my babies", but, indeed, their PHOTOS could have been better! Had I only known better at the time...

But as you grow up with your children, you also tend to forget what it was like when they were so little. And that's where photos come in and help.

And, of course, photos, and one cassette tape with his voice, are the only things left to me from my first-born son...

ghost.jpg

I've got a ton of photos from when I was young. My parents just used crappy little cameras, but I love the old, late 70s-early 80s feel they have to them. It makes me realize just how much of my childhood I remember. Here is one of my absolute favorites. Me (ghost) and little brother. I was 6, he was 5. I remember the shot being taken and was convinced it was a "casper the friendly ghost" costume, although now, it doesn't seem as friendly.

What I really like almost more than the photos is the old super 8 videos they took.

I'm assuming that most of us were not babies during the digital age so we probably don't have nearly as much pictures as some of the babies born after 2000. So as adults, how do we feel about our baby pictures? Does it bring any sense of nostalgia or anything?

If you're a parent, does babies pictures of your adult children bring any emotion to you?

I was born in 1985 in Vietnam so there wasn't many cameras around, I have like 20 baby/kid pictures total of me. I don't particular feel anything toward it though, I just look at parents in the pictures to see how different they are now. But maybe 20 pictures doesn't do much or maybe I'm only 22 and don't really care yet?

The reason I asked is I been running now taking a lot of pictures of kids for practice and fun, I just kind of wonder how they or their parents would feel about it 25-30 years from now?

Another Vietnamese on the board, imagine that! :wink: Honestly, most of my baby pics are lost due to moving around so much during the war. The one's that I do have, serve nothing else than for my family to look at and poke fun. I too, mostly look at pictures of relatives who many I have never seen. I'm more interested in the things that are surrounding me during that era, since I don't recall much of the places I lived in.

While nowaday, we take more pics of our children during this digital age, but I truly wonder how many of those pics will last. I'm saying that because I discover (and I'm guilty of this as well), not many people are printing pictures these days. They keep them all on HD's and not too many of them archive for safety. When I used to shoot film, I'm forced to have them developed, but ever since I switched to digital, I discover I print less and less. And my wife won't let me forget that fact either :lol:

ghost.jpg

I've got a ton of photos from when I was young. My parents just used crappy little cameras, but I love the old, late 70s-early 80s feel they have to them. It makes me realize just how much of my childhood I remember. Here is one of my absolute favorites. Me (ghost) and little brother. I was 6, he was 5. I remember the shot being taken and was convinced it was a "casper the friendly ghost" costume, although now, it doesn't seem as friendly.

What I really like almost more than the photos is the old super 8 videos they took.
Holy crud I remember those ha ,thanks for sharing

I'm glad others have the same or similar feeling as I do about our own baby pictures. Basically, the I don't care what I look like when I was a little baby attitude, lol. As far as pictures of your children, well, I got to trust your response for a while. The reason this question is important to me is because when I'm at a party, I always take picture of little children and I wonder how it would it affect them and their parents in the future. Most parents, I noticed, don't take that many pictures of their children compare to me at the event, and almost all of those shots are posed. I shoot a more journalistic style so hopefully I bring a more interesting take on the lives of these kids. I always send the parents my keeper shots via email, hoping that they are please with it and maybe reference it the future and have some little impact on their lives. I know all of my baby pictures were taken by someone else since no one in our immediately family in Vietnam had a camera.

LaFoto: thanks for such a thorough response, I'm sorry about your first born child, of course those pictures would be beyond value to you. Photography can be more than a hobby even for us amateur eh? (Well, you're not amateur but you know what I mean)

ghpham: yeah, people don't print much any more, I'm sure there has been a decent amount people that lost their pictures due to the lack of archiving already. I tried to send myself an email of my keepers shot sometimes. I don't archive CD all that often, like half of my shots maybe. I print my keepers once a while though, doesn't really cost that much money.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back