How do you get the thumbnail view to display psd's?

GerryDavid

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
At college, the windows xp file browser window shows the psd's, but on my desktop, it just shows a psd logo. So in order to see what it is, I have to open each one. So my question is how do I fix that? Is it the service pack 2 or is it some utility to install? Its not stable online so hopefully its not sp2 so I dont have to download a huge file.

GerryDavid said:
At college, the windows xp file browser window shows the psd's, but on my desktop, it just shows a psd logo. So in order to see what it is, I have to open each one. So my question is how do I fix that? Is it the service pack 2 or is it some utility to install? Its not stable online so hopefully its not sp2 so I dont have to download a huge file.

The best way to fix it is to buy a Mac :D

Yeah, and 190% of that 90% of the software we can't use isn't worth using anyway. :D

Gives Scott a short blast from the water cannon... [feets don't fail me now!!!] :lol:

Scott WRG Editor said:
Hertz van Rental said:
The best way to fix it is to buy a Mac :D

True, then you wouldn't have to worry about using 90% of available software, what a relief :)

Scott pokes the Mac User and runs....

I use Soft Windows on my Mac. Makes the Mac pretend it's a PC and can run all PC software (It even runs 200% slower and crashes - just like a real PC!) ;-)

I dont like windows, but adobe cant be ran on linux and im getting to old *25* to learn a new software, plus im afraid of it messing up the pc. :0) I would download the version that boots from a cd but its like 700mb's and im on dial up. :0)

Mac's use to have an edge over pc's in performance but I think that gap isnt there anymore. They are more stable, but you pay 2X or so for that stability, and my windows rarely crashes.

And yup, its in thumbnail view.

There has to be some here that knows the answer so I dont hve to join another forum. :0)

And now my isp email is being weird. I wouldnt receive any new emails and now it just did, but it was just this thread being posted to, while there should have been a bunch of emails about other threads being posted to, weird.

Well it sounds like Windows does not know what to opent he PSd files with. Explorer->Tools->Option ->File Types.

If not just reinstall PS. Sounds like something got corrupted

When I hit enter on the file, it opens in adobe ps. I dont really want to reinstall ps and have to go through the process of registering it again with the super really really really long id numbers and then to go through all the preferences and set it up the way I like, and then to redo the actions to install them. :0)

Hertz van Rental said:
I use Soft Windows on my Mac. Makes the Mac pretend it's a PC
So it's kinda like owning a Canon and wishing you had a Nikon :p

Malachite sees the entire TPF community start running right at him........"Hey! What's that rope for?"

*when ever he sees "nikon" he thinks of the karate kid scene "nikon, nikoff" *wipe on, wipe off*.

malachite said:
Hertz van Rental said:
I use Soft Windows on my Mac. Makes the Mac pretend it's a PC
So it's kinda like owning a Canon and wishing you had a Nikon :p

Malachite sees the entire TPF community start running right at him........"Hey! What's that rope for?"

Vice versa I'd say. Most people who own PCs wish they had bought a Mac to start with - they just hate to admit it! ;-)

Most reactions

Back