How do you keep track of your clientele?

NedM

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
*I do apologize in advance if this has been posted in the wrong section.

I started my photography business about 2 years ago. I had no idea what was I doing but I knew I needed to dive into it if I ever wanted to get somewhere. At that time, I only had a few clients a year and maybe one or two weddings, so it was very easy to keep track of my clients.

For each client, I would use iCloud's notes to keep track of who they were, what they wanted, and how much I charged.
For example,
John Doe
Family Session
Package B -$150
Deposited: $60

Come back to present day and business is booming, (hooray!) but now I am having trouble keeping track of all my clients and their respective info. It's overwhelming. I like using iCloud's notes feature and it has helped a lot but I feel there is a more effective way.

I guess what I am asking is how do you keep track of your clients and stay organized? What can I do? I am thinking about going traditional and just use a notebook. Paper has never failed me and I always seem to remember more when I write things down.

There are a million software packages designed just for this, however, most are monthly subscription services, and IMO, over-priced. I just use a plain, old Excel spreadsheet.

I just started using Excel yesterday and I love it! It does everything I need it to do. Thanks!

Dabbled with it years ago also. Gotta love free and functional.

I like having things tied together though. Google and Android etc.

I always seem to remember more when I write things down.

That's because the process of writing something down helps you remember it (it's not just having the note to refer back to). FWIW. Which may not be much...

Excel is probably a good option to make it manageable and accessible.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back