How do you present your work?

Sweetsomedays

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Printed work that is, when you ship the finished product to your clients.

final product?
You present it to them how they ordered it...lol.
if they pay for a nice book...give em a nice book...if they pay for a piece of cardboard and a plastic sheet...well...that's what they get.

I like to put my 4x6" proofs in a nice black presentation box with black tissue paper and a silver bow on the outside. I usually put an extra business card in this box. Reprints are sent by mail in a plain white cardboard envelope as the mailer, but are sent in the same wax paper type of sleeve they are sent from the printers to me.
Cds are just handwritten and put ina thin plastic case. But, I'm toying with the idea of ordering nicer ones and maybe printing on the cd so it looks more professional. Especially since I'm charging much more for it now.

I like to put my 4x6" proofs in a nice black presentation box with black tissue paper and a silver bow on the outside. I usually put an extra business card in this box. Reprints are sent by mail in a plain white cardboard envelope as the mailer, but are sent in the same wax paper type of sleeve they are sent from the printers to me.
Cds are just handwritten and put ina thin plastic case. But, I'm toying with the idea of ordering nicer ones and maybe printing on the cd so it looks more professional. Especially since I'm charging much more for it now.

I'd like to know more about the black presentation boxes. Where can you order those?

I use an epson inkjet printer that prints on CDs - its really pretty and look professional - plus its a lot cheaper. :raisedbrow:

I order my black 4x6" boxes from Albums Inc. They have 1.5" deep boxes and I think 3" deep boxes. I just use the 1.5" for my 24 proofs that I normally send out. However, I think I may order some 3" ones for wedding proofs since there are so many more! They offer them through Michel company too and probably a lot of other companies, but I just happened to order from Albums Inc. the first time and just kept with it. I think they are slightly cheaper than Michel. I get the little silver bands to go around them from them too. The black tissue paper I just bought at the same local paper store where I bought all of my white mailing envelopes. I have enough to last for what seems forever!
I actually am not sure about where to get the wax paper type of sleeves, in fact, I'm not sure if it really is wax paper (it's thinner than wax paper on a roll from the grocery store) but it's just what Millers.com sends their prints in and I just send them to my customers in the same sleeves.

I love these ideas! I know most of my photography is not portrait or wedding work but I still want to present my end product to the customer in a of a special way.

Thanks for the links!

8x10 and greater come in individual plastic sleves, smaller come in just regular photo paper sleves (grouped together), nothing ever roller

always face to face

prints are in a frosty envelope, usually picked up by the customer in the office. dvds go in a 'our wedding' cd booklet type holder

Most reactions

New Topics

Back