How do you remove the light line in the crease of black background paper?

WideAperture

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not sure what it's called, but you know how where the black background paper bends it's really light there. Very annoying. How do you remove this in post production? Thanks.

Please add an example for clarification.

So by removing it are you asking how to make it black again? If so you can do this is Lightroom by turning on the Black clipping mask and increase the blacks. Also in LR you can use a brush and paint in negative exposer/black etc.

In Photoshop I would use the Pen tool and cut out your product and create a layer mask and increase the blacks.

Moving forward you need to make sure you light source is flagged(blocking) so it is doesn't creep onto the background. Good luck.

If you are talking about black back drops for portrait shooting and such you should always try to hang it in a way so you don't have to correct it later. Do some test shots and check them on a big screen (not the small camera one!). Then adjust your setup as needed.

If you would post an example we could see what went wrong and maybe help you fix it. :1247:

I think you're talking about where the background, reaches the table top - but I know I could be wrong.
This line is avoided by having a longer background that continues to make the base, and having a gentle curve between them. It's known as an 'infinity curve' having the name will allow Google to find loads of illustrations.

If I was wrong & you're referring simply to the background - the secret is to store them rolled up (after ironing if required) to prevent a crease being there at all. It doesn't work well with our clubs 15' wide background I have to admit.

Most reactions

Back