How do you set up your camera?

Why not sharpen in camera? Adjusting a RAW image is going to give you much better results than adjusting a JPEG or Tiff. Also if your shooting RAW you can always take the sharpening away after the fact. Personaly I always like my photos to be no the sharper side so I save a step in post processing by sharpening in camera.

Me too. I have mine set to sharpen in camera. The RAWs always seem to need sharpening and it's just another step if I have to sharpen one, then apply to all, so I just have them already sharpened when they're brought into DPP. I've also found that for most pictures I bump the saturation by 1. I should do that in camera too since I add it more often than not.

Shooting is what I love, not the PP so much, even though it is usually necessary. The RAWs come out looking so flat.

I shoot in RAW and the camera is 80% of the time in full manual mode. The other times it is in either shutter or aperture priority mode (I use P-mode now and then just to play). I don't use in camera sharpening, thats something that I do post process. Same with saturation settings. Its nothing to add 10-20% sharpening, or adjust WB, since most of the time I do some basic cropping and touchups that take a few seconds anyway. What is 5-10 seconds longer to the overall process?

Now if you are a pro, and have 3000 pics to go through and time is money, that may change a few things. This is not the case for me.

I shoot in RAW and the camera is 80% of the time in full manual mode. The other times it is in either shutter or aperture priority mode (I use P-mode now and then just to play). I don't use in camera sharpening, thats something that I do post process. Same with saturation settings. Its nothing to add 10-20% sharpening, or adjust WB, since most of the time I do some basic cropping and touchups that take a few seconds anyway. What is 5-10 seconds longer to the overall process?

Now if you are a pro, and have 3000 pics to go through and time is money, that may change a few things. This is not the case for me.

I'm with Jerry on this one except my shooting dial never leaves Manual, AV or TV. Raw, straight out of the camera with no in camera adjustments.

Having spent 30 years in a darkroom raw is just another form of negative for me. The magic that used to happen in the darkroom now happens in PP.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back