How do you tell a company their website sucks?

xamblin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I try to do web design work on the side and a lot of the local companies around here spend very little time and money on website design.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on how I would go about offering my services for their lack of.... anything good.

go about it tactfully obviously - i'd have a look at the websites first, then if you think you could do better go in in on spec seeing if they need any web design doing, maybe have a chat and make sure you pass on your business card for their reference.

Not being a web designer, I am not the classiest guy as far as that goes.... A few years ago I told Walmart their site sucked....I said flat out "your web site is worthless"

You don't.

Create a simple mock-up. Gather some solid stats on how a good website drives sales, get yourself some business cards, some other examples of other work, a neck-tie, and go on in to speak to the manager.

If anything, you will start building a good contact list. If they don't bite at first, send out a coupon (everybody LOVES a coupon) in about six months.

Good luck!

" Hello, I (Insert name) offer website design work. I've notice your website blows. Want me to help? :D"

No, but really, simply hand them a card, or send a link offering your services and some of your work Then proceed to try and set up a meeting

Most reactions

Back