How do you upload your images to the computer?

htkchen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.cityofsolitude.com
I just got a Canon Digital Rebel 300D and have been shooting in Raw or large JPEG mode. I usually have around 60-70 shots stored on the CF card everytime I upload to my PC. I'm using the default USB cable that was given to me in the box (I think its USB 1.0 but not too sure). What drives me nuts is that it takes a good 25-30 mins to upload those shots (probably a good 400MB I believe). Does anyone know of a faster way I can upload these pictures to my computer? My PC supports USB 2.0 and firewire. Thanks!

Get yourself a compact flash card reader, and go from there. You shouldn't waste your camera battery while uploading your photos. You can get one for under $10 online. Get a usb 2.0 one. It's faster than firewire. I can transnfer a 1 gig card in about 10 - 12 minutes roughly.

Thanks Matt. I'll get a decent CF card reader. I don't think I can upload the pics without the camera using its battery (how else can I turn on the camera?). I don't see any special power adapters. Thanks for the help!

Definately get a card reader. I bought a USB 2 card reader and now it takes 25 seconds to transfer 512 meg of RAW... about 2 minutes with 512 of JPG.

Most reactions

Back