How Do You Use Your Blog?

LarissaPhotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.larissaphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We put news and specials on our blog. We also put some of our newer samples as blog posts. For certain search terms, some of our blog entries actually rank higher in Google than our site, so it also directs traffic to our site.
How does everyone else use their blog?

I use mine for telling what is going on with the business. Also I use it to give insite into what we do. We give reviews of our equipment, as well as information on photographic topics.

I use it to display more recent photos because I don't update my galleries very often. I also use it to give people a glimpse of my personal side...stuff like that. Some people keep their blog strictly professional but a lot of photographers make it fairly personal, which might help to keep clients interested.

I don't update mine nearly enough...that's the key...to keep the content fresh.

I use mine for a mix of everything... recent weddings, recent gear, recent travels, etc. Just lets people see that we are functioning site and not some static 'porfolio' generated over years. Also lets people in on personality - which is huge in the wedding business, imho.

mostly (when I remember tp update it) I use it to display my shots and photo trips - but I also do a bit of self critique and lesson writing (mostly my own methods). I find that it helps me to understand better what I am doing and can also pass on the information to others

My blog was made with the idea that it would one day become a great community of photographers. Here you can find great photography related content like guides, great pictures, photography news, and just about anything a photographer would love! In the future Shuttercraft is going to publish a magazine with content submitted form users of the Shuttercraft Community. I am working with a publishing company about this project. when the time comes Shuttercraft will open a website where anyone can submit Stories, pictures, and much more to be published!

My blog is kind of a mixture of things. It’s a place to post my recent work, update people on my long-term projects, post new ideas and great finds I want to recommend to others. Maybe have a few laughs in the process. Some of my clients love to see their pet/child/own portrait on my blog. They love to brag and tell people that the photographer put their photograph on her blog. Some like to follow along with what I’m doing. I have old friends from high-school who tell me they follow my blog even though they’ve never commented. It’s a place to update people on my photography. It adds a small personal touch to my business.

I try to keep primarily my sister informed on what goes on in my life. It is a kind of "illustrated report". She actually goes to "read" my blog at times (though true fact is: she only looks at my photos). But I lag behind! Much so. I'm STILL reporting about our trip to Turkey. That was last year in October!!! :shock: :roll:

My blog is alternatively titled, "Crap-Based Astronomy," where I point out all the, well, crap-based astronomy out there. :)

I started mine over the holidays and ultimately use it to expand my visibility on the web. As for the content, my desire is to tell the story behind the photos I take. I don't feel comfortable posting real lessons about photography (theory, composition, etc) but I will try to post info that might help others such as using Google Earth to scout for photo locations.

I use my blog for updates recent photos and recent shoots as well as for articles I wright. It also works for a proofing for the articles that are some times used on other web sites I work with.

I planned to use mine for local community based content, general photos i've taken for personal use, updates to the company etc .. BUT.. I could never update it as much as I liked so I took it down.

I've got a "Latest News" section on my home page anyway and I suppose I could also make those linkable to another page if I wanted to add content.

Blogs are good but you need to update them constantly, time, effort, etc. Plus everyone has one, and I'm not sure I want to share personal things with potential clients anyway. I like to keep things as business like and as professional looking as possible.

I literally just added my blog to the site. I plan on using it primarily to just give the in and outs of what is going on with the business, display images from recent shoots, etc. I have to admit I do not know that I am much of the blogger but I am committing myself to keep it updated with fresh content. I thinks it is a great tool for helping clients find a little more personal connection with a photographer.

I have several but for the business I try to have a balance of business related stuff with recent sessions and a little of my personal site. I am finding more and more that there are people who check it every day so its nice to be able to show that I am actually working and sharing photos from recent sessions.

Most reactions

Back